re: Visiting Pearl if staying at RM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

re: Visiting Pearl if staying at RM

Postby Wolverine18 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:03 pm

Hello - first time poster. We're booked for December 21-18 and really looking forward to the trip. We would like to check out Pearl as well for future reference. However, I seem to find conflicting info on whether staying at RM allows you to visit Pearl for free. One old post said your bracelet gets you in both, but I have seen others say they had to sit through the sales pitch to get a pass to Pearl. Does someone know what the current policy is?

A second question - How late can you stay on the day your reservation ends? For example, our stay ends on the 18th (the night of the 17th-18th being our last). Could we stay late on the 18th and then take transport into Cancun and say at a hotel there on the night of the 18th?

Thanks!
Wolverine18

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: re: Visiting Pearl if staying at RM

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:40 pm

Answer to your second question is yes, no problem. You will still need to check out at noon, leave your luggage with the bellman then you are free to stay later....we do it all the time.

As to the first, "general rule" is that if you are a member it's no charge. However if you are not a member I suggest you simply ask when you check in and see what they say. The standard reply is that there is a cost of $150 and its either a morning pass or an evening pass. Good luck!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Wolverine18 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:16 am

Thanks for the response! Very helpful.
Wolverine18

Postby rohshambo » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Last year we got a group of 18 people from DRM to do a "mini takeover" day trip to Pearl. We rented a shuttle and spent the say there. We did the foam party at DRM on Friday and the foam party at Pearl on Saturday. Needless to say, we had a great time. If you sit through the sales presentation, you can ask for a day pass to Pearl. Members can go for one say at no charge. The previous poster is correct about buying a day pass. It was $150. We'll check it in two weeks. I tried to book our April trip yesterday and the room rates have gone up almost 75% for next year. :shock:
Pam & Neal
kik: 2sunlovers
SLS: 2desiresunlovers
rohshambo
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya