Map (Road & Satellite Photo)

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Map (Road & Satellite Photo)

Postby Powerguy » Mon May 11, 2009 4:05 pm

The wife and I are travelling for 10 days in the Playa Del Carmen/Tulum area and then spending the last 3 nights at Desire (Nov 13 - 16, 2009). We will have a vehicle and I can't seem to find a decent map that shows where the resort is. Also, I'm looking for a satellite photo of the resort. I've gone on the web and looked at satellite pics showing Puerto Morelos, etc. but can't seem to find the resort on the beach either North or South of the city. I'm sure someone out there has something.

Thanks,

Powerguy
Powerguy

Postby happycuple » Mon May 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Hey,

I checked Google Maps and found it pretty easily.

Type in Puerto Morelos. Go to satellite view (top right). Zoom in as needed.

The road running out of Puerto Morelos to Hwy #307 is called Ctra A Puerto Morelos (it runs East<-> West). As you drag the map down (ie. so the map moves towards the North) there are two roads to the North running parallel to Ctra A Puerto Morelos. The second one is just North of an area called San Isidro. Follow that road from Hwy #307 out towards the beach. Just before it hits the beach (ie. within rock throwing distance) there is a turn to the south and then slightly further along (like 200 feet further) it ends and turns north. If you follow the road to the South, the first resort you come to on the water side is Desire. It's the one with the brown moat out front and the upside down bowling pin looking swimming pool on the south east corner of the property. The map also still shows the dock out front (just to the north of the pool) so the map is obviously out of date.

Hope that helps.

T&L
happycuple
Desire Fan

Postby PandM » Tue May 12, 2009 6:55 am

Hi All - Using Google Earth Desire can be found at:

Latitude: 20°54'7.28"N
Longitude: 86°50'53.19"W

This should put you right out front of the resort in the water....

Enjoy
PandM

Satellite Map Help

Postby Powerguy » Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks Happycuple & PandM! I'm off to catch a plane but tonight I will find it on Google Earth.

Powerguy
Powerguy

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya