Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Swim Up Pool Bar opened Today - see the Pictures

Postby northernlightscpl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 pm

You are all right on the mark on this apparent issue, don't sweat it, its a no issue. I have a strong suspicion there was an attempt to start a negative stream on members vs. non members, which as we see, didn't work for the inquirer. Didn't get the responses he may have been expecting. certainly not something someone who hasn't been there would be asking. Great place to visit and have a excellent time with 'all guests'.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby franketjo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Any picture of the new restaurant area?
franketjo
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Feb 2019

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:21 pm

To the people worried about 6 bar stools, I wouldn't. The bar stools at the jacuzzi aren't that popular. The bar stool in Cabo weren't either. I mean, if you're in a pool already, what do you need a stool for? Just stand/float. If the pool bar is popular like Cabo's was (and I hope it is, that was fun!), then people will mill around in the pool by the bar and socialize. When I came to RM, I was a little disappointed that daytime pooltime isn't that social, because everyone is spread out. Next trip we're getting a new swim-up bar at RM and checking out Pearl, so life is good on that front =)
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby miranda2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Can't wait to see what it's all about in 2 weeks! Since we are mostly beach people, the swim up bar doesn't hold much attraction for us. We've been to Cabo many times and to Pearl once (so far) and have witnessed what a swim up bar is usually like. This one won't be any different than any other swim up bar. Hope you enjoy it!!.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby SJCrazy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 pm

miranda2 wrote:Can't wait to see what it's all about in 2 weeks! Since we are mostly beach people, the swim up bar doesn't hold much attraction for us. We've been to Cabo many times and to Pearl once (so far) and have witnessed what a swim up bar is usually like. This one won't be any different than any other swim up bar. Hope you enjoy it!!.

We went to Cabo a pretty long time ago, and when we were there the daytime was very social at the pool bar, with lots of people either naked in the pool or sitting on the dry side. When we finally made our 2nd trip, to RM, we were disappointed that daytime isn't nearly as social- people only got into the pool for volleyball. Hopefully that new bar will change this some. I actually think the lame changes at the pool (NO BEDS!?) might push a few more people into the pool.
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby tndr_cpl » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 am

Just a couple quick comments (typing with an iphone sucks) We got here yesterday. The swim up bar is great. The pool may be a little smaller but mot enough to make any difference. It looks like they are changing out the pool lounge chairs. Some of the old ones area there but we got the exact same kind of chairs the members have. They are still doing a small amount of work near the pool at night but nothing that interferes with the day time fun. Other than that it's the same as always fun,nakedness, too much to drink, and having a blast. We love our home in Arizona but it's not nearly as fun as Desire. :)
tndr_cpl
Desire Fan

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:37 pm

tndr_cpl wrote: It looks like they are changing out the pool lounge chairs. Some of the old ones area there but we got the exact same kind of chairs the members have. :)

Yipee!
*happy dance*
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby CokeMann » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:50 pm

@Whitesands - as I had mentioned to you on a much earlier thread, just a matter of time ;)

Re: Pool Renovation
Postby CokeMann » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:32 pm
CokeMann wrote:
WhiteSands wrote:Noted: They still have those dreadful, uncomfortable , old, pool loungers.....ooh unless you are a member of course.....

FYI - new furniture for the pool deck was planned and ordered, but from my understanding it has not arrived as yet.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:56 pm

CokeMann wrote:@Whitesands - as I had mentioned to you on a much earlier thread, just a matter of time ;)

Re: Pool Renovation
Postby CokeMann » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:32 pm
CokeMann wrote:
WhiteSands wrote:Noted: They still have those dreadful, uncomfortable , old, pool loungers.....ooh unless you are a member of course.....

FYI - new furniture for the pool deck was planned and ordered, but from my understanding it has not arrived as yet.

:L CokeMann knows all...... ^:)^

See you soon!
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

Postby CokeMann » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:59 pm

We will be trying them out two weeks from today - lol !!
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:04 pm

CokeMann wrote:We will be trying them out two weeks from today - lol !!

I'm *not* envious, and *don't* wish you a numb bum!
LOL x

See you soon!
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

Postby Miacpl30 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:30 pm

After our last trip to pearl and looking at these pics, it seems like things could get very tight in the middle of the day when pool use is at its highest. I dont mind the closeness of the afternoon rooftop jacuzzi but curious to see how its working out so far.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby CoupleInMD » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Miacpl30 wrote:After our last trip to pearl and looking at these pics, it seems like things could get very tight in the middle of the day when pool use is at its highest. I dont mind the closeness of the afternoon rooftop jacuzzi but curious to see how its working out so far.

Mrs. CoupleInMD and I are here at DRM now. I can tell you that the water polo and water volleyball games in the pool do end up splashing a some folks around the periphery of the pool, but it's all in good fun. As far as the jacuzzi goes, it is very close in there in the afternoon. I have personally been forced to rub up against many well-endowed ladies making their way through the crowd to get to the bar, and the Mrs. reports the same predicament with respect to the guys.. :D

CoupleInMD
CoupleInMD
SLS: CoupleInMD79
Kasidie: CoupleInMD79
CoupleInMD
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 08 Feb 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, Kasidie

Postby bobjeannj » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Great pool pictures. I wonder why they oriented the desire name in the direction they did. resort photos, maybe?
B
bobjeannj
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 pm

bobjeannj wrote:Great pool pictures. I wonder why they oriented the desire name in the direction they did. resort photos, maybe?
B

Even stranger - they used the "old style" Desire word logo on the bottom of the pool - so much for corporate image consistency - lol !!!
CokeMann
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya