Pearl or RM?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Pearl or RM?

Postby arcouple » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:51 pm

I am trying to book a trip for my wife and I...one year anniversary. For our wedding, we went to Couples Tower Isle. We spend a lot of time on the isle...but kind of stayed to ourselves and didn't go to the pool much.

We like laying on the beach and soaking up the sun. We're not in the 'lifestyle' and don't have any intentions of (but don't judge those that are) We just like laying in the sun with nothing on, but what God gave us....
I've tried to get the gist of how things go, but could somebody give me a quick run down??

1. Are most people completely naked most of the time?
2. Is the beach better/worse at either resort?
3. If there are days that we want to wear our 'bottoms', will we be looked down upon?

Thanks for your input.

xoxo
arcouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Apr 2020

Re: Pearl or RM?

Postby tikihutguy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Here's our input after 5 DRM trips and 1 (last year to DP):

Yes on beach and pool and hot tub. Most other areas vary from net cover ups to "normal" clothes.
Beach beds are more prevalent and available at DRM. The Gulf bottom in the water is a bit less rocky. The DP beach is deeper with more trees (and lounges v beds). Found that there is more shade available at DP (trees and palapas) while DRM has beds with varying levels of shades from slatted tops....
3. If there are days that we want to wear our 'bottoms', will we be looked down upon?
No at either resort. Looking down on someone doesn't compute... You will find the nicest, most accepting people whichever you choose :D

Go and relax!
8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby arcouple » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 am

tikihutguy wrote:Here's our input after 5 DRM trips and 1 (last year to DP):

Yes on beach and pool and hot tub. Most other areas vary from net cover ups to "normal" clothes.
Beach beds are more prevalent and available at DRM. The Gulf bottom in the water is a bit less rocky. The DP beach is deeper with more trees (and lounges v beds). Found that there is more shade available at DP (trees and palapas) while DRM has beds with varying levels of shades from slatted tops....
No at either resort. Looking down on someone doesn't compute... You will find the nicest, most accepting people whichever you choose :D

Go and relax!
8)

Thanks for the information. I believe Pearl is where we'll try...first. ;)
arcouple
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Apr 2020

Postby joydon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:47 pm

I would like to try RM in future but need shade (old skin). Is it doable there? Just got back from DP and found enough shade.
joydon
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 08 Feb 2015

Postby desireaddict » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm

I am "the other white mean". We've never had a problem finding shade at DRM -- over a dozen trips.
15 minutes of sun and I turn a nice shade of magenta. (A color copyrighted by Crayola, I believe).
Which works out well on Glow in the Dark theme night.

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby SexxxyInMe » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:53 pm

My husband burns very easily, too. After 7 days at DRM, no sunburn! We sat by the pool for hours every day. The covered beds provided plenty of shade.

No worries!
~Crystal and Adam
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya