Your favorite passion suite!

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Your favorite passion suite!

Postby Hot tubbers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Hello !!!! As our first trip gets closer - end of July 30, we are getting more and more excited and have a few questions we hoped y'all could help with. We are celebrating (early) my 40th and our 14th anniversary!! We splurged for our first trip! Want to here suggestions as to the best suite to request, and why/insight.. Etc.

Closer to the pool? I believe more recently remodeled, but not as spacious?
Older ones?? Bigger ???
Ground level for convenience or 2nd floor for view??
Best balcony?
Butler/ room service- what is too much to ask for/ what can we expect? Sounds like ALL of the staff are great and can't wait to meet them!! ! We are super easy going but I'd love for my wife to have everything she wants for this trip!
Any insight to you favorite passion suite is much appreciated, or any other tips as well!
Sooooo looking forward to this adventure and meeting other happy, nice , fun in the sun loving people!!! 8)

PS. We are bringing a bunch of glow body paint(our first night) , lots o' glow sticks and some extra masquerade masks if anybody needs!! Thanks for any and all help, very much appreciated! See ya soon!
:US :bj
Hot tubbers
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Re: Your favorite passion suite!

Postby JandH » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:12 am

We have stayed in all four of the ground floor passion suites in the 1100 building. They are all wonderful and identical inside. The only difference is whether you want to be in the middle, or on the end. We preferred the middle rooms because there seems to be more interaction with others if you have couples on both sides of you. I also enjoyed the one on the end nearest the pool as it is very convenient to shoot back to the room from the pool for a bathroom break or anything like that.

Your butler will do as much or as little as you ask of him. We have become friends with ours and he takes very good care of us. There is never a time during our stay that there are not two bottles of champagne and a bottle of tequila chilled in the room.

One important piece of advice. When you fill your hot tub, be sure to have your butler do it especially if you plan to leave the room while it fills. And never leave anything on the floor of your room. On the resort side of the passion suites there are entrances which share a hallway with the Suite next to you. One year the couple in the room next to us sharing the hall left his hot tub filling while he went out and it overflowed into our room. Everything that we had left on the floor was soaked, and we had about a half inch of water all over our room. Huge pain in the rear.

Hope to hear a detailed trip report when yall get back.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby Jastrohs » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:17 am

We have stayed in 3 of the 4 suites in the 1100 block of rooms. We like them all equally. (Not much different). We prefer the ground floor as we are beach people and like the easy access to the beach and beds. We have also had a couple incidents of flooding. Our last trip we were woke up in the middle of the night twice by water leaking into our room from above but luckily nobody was in the suite next door so we just moved over there. The end rooms have couches outside which is nice but as mentioned, being in the middle gives you more neighbors which we like.

We didn't use our butler a lot except for reservations each night, ordering breakfast each morning and some special drink requests but no matter who was on they were always around wanting to help us out and answer questions.

We don't spend a ton of time in our room but love eating breakfast on the patio each morning and having the extra room to get ready. We have never used the jacuzzi in the room but think it would be fun with a group of people as it is rather big. We just usually end the night at the hot tubs or beds around it then fall into bed too late to use the jacuzzi.

We will be back in Sept and are booked again in a suite but mainly because of the proximity to the beach and the great views of the ocean.

Jeff and Lori
ChiBeachLovers on LifeStyle Lounge
Jastrohs
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 08 Sep 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Lifestyle Lounge, SLS

Postby Hot tubbers » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks for the info, everyone!! Only 20 more days till we get to experience this magical place for the first time lol!! Any other tips or advice is appreciated!! See ya soon !!!!
Hot tubbers
Desire Fan

Postby ksr » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:06 pm

We have a passion suite for Aug. Looks like they are in two buildings. Not sure which room to request. Please let us know your thoughts when you return. We just did Pearl in June, room 29 in Fish--was awesome!
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby Hot tubbers » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 pm

ksr wrote:We have a passion suite for Aug. Looks like they are in two buildings. Not sure which room to request. Please let us know your thoughts when you return. We just did Pearl in June, room 29 in Fish--was awesome!

We will let you know!!! We did make a top 3 suite request, but are not guaranteed.... I'm sure they are all great, and I hope to give a detailed report after our trip, as I know I have enjoyed and learned a lot from others trip reports!
If you have any tips or inside suggestions please let us know, as this will be our first experience at a couples only CO resort!
How was your trip to Pearl??
8)
Hot tubbers
Desire Fan

Postby ksr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Just put a trip report on the Pearl Forum for/as first timers. Have a great trip!
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya