Overall decline in quality at DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Overall decline in quality at DRM

Postby Calicouple69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Lol! Yah, the guacamole was a big deal for us too! The wife here makes her own, and I believe it to be the best I'd ever had.......until DRM. Even she was infatuated with it, it was soooooo good. It was the first thing she noticed on one of our trips this past year :( hopefully they'll get it back for our next!
SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CMHCPL43123 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 am

If you asked for them to make you some Guac fresh I wonder if they would be able to or just serve you what they have? That is one of those things that we think is just better "on location"
CMHCPL43123
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tannaked » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm

When we were at RM over Halloween we found the guacamole to be sub par with way too much onion for our tastes. When the guac is good at RM we will have it with every meal if possible.

I mentioned this to Edilberto one day at lunch when he saw our uneaten (again) guacamole on our plates. The next day at lunch a peeled sliced avocado was presented to Diane as we ate. As we were enjoying it the reaction from several staff was as if it was GOLD. ??? We had no idea that the overall guacamole/avocado situation was as it was until reading this thread.

Hopefully the avocado situation has improved so that we can enjoy in house guac at RM once again. I'll review it after our February trip.

Ritch :CAN
Couples Tower Isle - 6 trips
Caribbean Reef Club - 7 trips
Hidden Beach - 1 Trip
Desire Riviera Maya - 30 trips
still in love.....
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2018

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:32 pm

The avocado shortage has had more of an effect on PRICING than availability. At our favorite Mexican restaurant up here in NY, our go-to appetizer is fresh guacamole with shredded beef short rib (mmmm). Last time we ordered, we noticed an overwhelming amount of beef to guacamole ratio in the dish. When questioned, the waiter said that as per the chef, the MEAT is cheaper than the avacodos these days! It’s likely that in times of a shortage, the bulk of the supplies are diverted from Mexican resorts and going to the highest payers like us schmucks in the US...lol
Desire2424
Desire Lover

Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya