2019 THEME NIGHTS

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

2019 THEME NIGHTS

Postby desireaddict » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:53 pm

2019 Theme Nights have been posted.
Mon -- Masters & Mistresses
Tue -- Red Carpet (Famous Movie Couples)
Wed -- Glow Night
Thur -- Gods & Goddesses (Greek & Roman)
Fri -- Latin Fever (they kept the lamest of the lame)
Sat -- "DesireLand" (Burlesque, Corsets, etc)
Sun -- Masquerade (Masks & Lingerie)
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Re: 2019 THEME NIGHTS

Postby Lkncouple » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:26 pm

I like some of the additions. Come on, who doesn't like a good toga party. Will be interesting to see how many sheets are used from the rooms.

I think it will be interesting to see what people come up with for movie couples We are looking forward to hearing some ideas on this.

Agree about the Latin night. The night everyone hates, they keep.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby SpeedKills » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Movie couples: Batman and Robin, lol.
Kik: Interesting_Times
DRM Summer 2015, 2017, 2018...
SpeedKills
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 22 Jul 2020

Postby canuck63 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:26 am

From the looks of these themes, costumes could be getting pretty elaborate. I think we are going to need 5 suitcases instead of the normal 3.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby shamanbuffalo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:34 am

Since everyone hates Latin Nights, why not start a peaceful revolt? Have a poll and pick the top choice so everyone who reads this forum will costume accordingly?
shamanbuffalo

Postby desireaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:58 pm

shamanbuffalo wrote:Since everyone hates Latin Nights, why not start a peaceful revolt? Have a poll and pick the top choice so everyone who reads this forum will costume accordingly?

We are in a group for December discussing a "caveman" theme vs Latin Night.
Not sure where that idea surfaced, but at least its different from Latin Night. (Isn't that what everyone wears at every vanilla resort?)

We would have liked to see "ABC" (Anything But Clothes) return as it brought our a lot of creativity in guests.

But any (theme) night at Desire is better than a night at home (in the snow).
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Sue&Bob41 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:08 pm

We agree with Latin Night as lame
Sue & Capt’n Bob
SLS, SDC & KIK: 2Captains                   
Pearl - Ninth visit 4/7 to 4/15 2021
Sue&Bob41
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby nudenaturally » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:27 pm

My wife and love the Desire university, all the girls look soooooo good in little school uniforms :bj
nudenaturally

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 May 2017

Postby Play_Dough » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 pm

I do not like the Latin theme night either and can't believe they kept it. Worst theme ever!
Play_Dough
Desire Fan

Postby ATM » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 am

The theme nights at Desire in general are pretty lame. We always love the glow night, and any night where lingerie is involved. But the latin night has got to be one of the worst all around nights ever. I'd rather just go to bed.
SLS: FunPlayInTheD
KIK: FunPlayInTheD
TTR 6 times
Desire Pearl Feb 2015
Desire RM Feb 2016, Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Aug 2-6 2017!
ATM
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby klak » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:02 am

Out of curiosity.....I've read a lot about Latin night being so bad. What makes it so bad?
klak
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:22 am

klak wrote:Out of curiosity.....I've read a lot about Latin night being so bad. What makes it so bad?

In our opinion, it just does not easily lend itself to any ideas for sexy outfits. It ends up being rather formal with women in dresses and men in slacks. We've tried sexing it up - skirt with bare midriff for her and no pants and a half unbuttoned guyabera shirt for him, which was better, but this is still our least favorite theme night and probably our least favorite as far as the pre-disco show as well.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby Calicouple69 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:27 pm

:lol: With all the "Latin nights are lame" comments on here, I'm surprised a progressive hasn't gotten offended and scolded y'all for being racists. LMAO

In all seriousness though, on any given day (especially weekends) there are A LOT of truly Latin and Mexican citizens present at the resort, not to mention many other nationalities. In fact, when we've gone in September during Mexican Independence Day , it seems that literally half (or more) guests are Spanish speaking nationals! So c'mon friends, doesn't it make sense that good management would give one of seven days to a group that makes up 1/7 of the guests regularly?

As far as dress? My wife has worn white thong shorts with a tiny colorful blouse or a colorful club style dress. Is it Latin? We don't know but the looks and compliments say it fits the theme JUST FINE ;) I usually wear white or linen pants, a pastel shirt, and a fedora if I remembered to bring one. If you don't think "Latin night" is sexy, I suggest y'all Google "carnival in Rio de Janeiro" and post some pics of the "boring" outfits.........again, LMAO
LifestyleLounge, SLS: norcalicouple69
Calicouple69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge S

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Sure, Latin can be sexy, but thus far for the 3-4 Latin nights we've seen at Desire it has been the least sexy costumery and least participated theme (other than Tape Art which was in an entirely different class of odd choice). It also seems to be the one where (guys especially) have trouble finding something sexy.

I've heard more than guy person say "well, I feel like I'm wearing what I would wear to a BBQ back home", just hard to be creative with this one. This is how I ended up going as Castro (it was called Havana nights then, but basically the same otherwise, so at least I was connected to the theme).

From a personal perspective, to me the Latin stuff that I've seen might be kinda sexy in the vanilla world but at Desire it's been kind of tame, certainly when compared to other theme nights where the costumes are more suggestive and risque. Most if not all of what I've seen for Latin night could be easily worn outside of Desire and well, where's the fun in that.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Calicouple69 wrote::lol: With all the "Latin nights are lame" comments on here, I'm surprised a progressive hasn't gotten offended and scolded y'all for being racists. LMAO

In all seriousness though, on any given day (especially weekends) there are A LOT of truly Latin and Mexican citizens present at the resort, not to mention many other nationalities. In fact, when we've gone in September during Mexican Independence Day , it seems that literally half (or more) guests are Spanish speaking nationals! So c'mon friends, doesn't it make sense that good management would give one of seven days to a group that makes up 1/7 of the guests regularly?

I get your point, and have had similar thoughts myself behind the rationale for keeping it, but my wife is Hispanic and it is her least favorite theme too...I wonder if there is something they could change it to that would both give a nod to Latin American guests and still keep the theme as sexy as the other nights. I'm drawing a blank right now.

Alternatively, maybe someone can reach out Yandy and explain the problem. Perhaps they can put their designers on it.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya