Cell phone service at Desire.

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Cell phone service at Desire.

Postby perchhound » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Found only something on blackberry phone here in topics so though I'd post what I found out.

Phone service

1. Phone that is a GSM model and suports the 1900 band.
2. You must call your provider and have International Roaming enabled
3. Not all service providers work so ask. Check DennyP's web site he has a list there. Cingular, AT&T and Verizon all work. I have Tmobile prepaid and was just told it would be no problem. Just remember if you get text msgs. and other stuff you can get a big bill fast. $1.49 min.
4. You can stop everything ie: text msgs a few days before you leave then reactivate them upon your return. also was told best to turn off your phone when not in use so you don't get unanswered calls which will cost $1.49 per call. I really don't plan on having my cell phone on me while there. Only place to carry it is not a very nice place to get it there and remove it. LOL
5. There may be an access code to dial before you dial your home number. I have 001. Each phone service may be different.
6. Call again before you leave and hopefully you get someone different and they still tell you the same info.
perchhound

Postby CokeMann » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Telcel Mexico is the local service provider - they have current active roaming agreements with the following US cell phone services

AT&T Mobility (AT&T) - GSM 850
Airadigm Communications - GSM 1900
C T Cube, LP - GSM 850
Cincinnati Bell Wireless - GSM 1900
MTPCS, LLC (Cellular One) - GSM 1900
Petrocom LLC (PetroCom) - GSM 850
Smith Bagley, Inc. (CellularOne) - GSM 850/1900
T-Mobile USA, Inc (T-Mobile USA) - GSM 1900
TMP Corp (SIMMETRY) - GSM 1900
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya