January as a non-lifestyle newbie

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

January as a non-lifestyle newbie

Postby FewThingsMatter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 am

Hi. I'm considering a trip in January and it would be the first time my wife and I are doing anything like this. We are not in the lifestyle but are very intrigued by the voyeuristic atmosphere. The only time we can go is in early January but as I understand it this is during a month dedicated to swingers. Is that right? Would it be a mistake of we're not interested in swapping?
FewThingsMatter

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2020

Re: January as a non-lifestyle newbie

Postby TandD » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:20 am

I think this has been asked a few times before and I think the general answer is "no, it would not be a mistake".

The swinger-specific months do have some additional events that are more swinger-related but the crowd isn't that much more skewed to swinging that it would make a big difference. You are never under any obligation to engage with people regardless of the month or any kind of special focus.

To be clear, we have not been during one of these special months but, as non-swingers having been many times, I wouldn't hesitate to go then if that was the only time I could.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby RJOC » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:19 pm

We have gone in January, and find it to be really no difference between other months.

No always means no (if that's what you want ;) ).
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby wedesire1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

FewThingsMatter wrote:very intrigued by the voyeuristic atmosphere

We've been at RM every January that they've had ISM (and another 8 before that) and have never felt like there were any more lifestyle folks than any other time. What you might see is more people having sex around the pool because, for that month, it is allowed. Although not an all out orgy or the feeling you are living an X rated movie, you will see and occasional hand or blow job. So if you are into the voyeuristic side, it may be the right time for you to go.
wedesire1
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P SLS

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 am

Honestly, you won't see a lot of differences in January (and August) compared to other months. When you check in, they will likely point out that the rules are relaxed for January about places you can play (if you like - there's never any pressure or requirement to do that). We've seen the occasional throuple during January, but it is still rare.

People have so many misconceptions about Desire (and lifestyle clubs, for that matter). The important takeaway is that you have the freedom to explore what you have an interest in but you are never under any pressure to do anything at all except to enjoy your vacation.

Wife wants to be topless? Go for it!

Both want to be nude in the pool? Go for it!

Want to be voyeurs around the jacuzzi at night and then enjoy each other? Go for it!

Want to try body shots on the bar? Go for it!

Want to be the life of the party and the center of attention? Go for it!

Go with the expectation of enjoying each other's company and the environment and you will not be disappointed.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby u4ea » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 pm

FWIW, I have seen at least a few handjobs and blowjobs around the pool during the daytime on all 6 of our trips to desire (DP and DRM), none of which have been in January. They are usually subtle and low key, but certainly appreciated by those who notice and care to watch 8) . Bodyshots at the pool bar seem to happen pretty much daily.
u4ea
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 16 Mar 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya