Dress Code

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Dress Code

Postby Ustime » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 pm

Newbies coming to RM. My husband is a cargo shorts/t shirt kinda guy. I was just curious how the dress code is for guys. Any input would be great!
Ustime

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Re: Dress Code

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:50 am

Best thing you can do is use the search button on the top right hand section, many pages on proper dress attire. IMHO he'll be fine during the day but may feel a tad underdressed in the evenings. However, its your vacation so....
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby jandr2u » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:23 am

Everything's pretty much ok, except evenings in the restaurants (long pants, closed toe shoes, collar shirt). As others have said, it's your vacation. I prefer to dress up a bit for my wife. Linen slacks are awesome for dinner and general evening dress. Sure, there's guys in the disco in cargo shorts, ratty t-shirts and slides, but it always confuses me. If your wife is all-out either with costumes or evening wear, why can't you put some effort in to look nice for her. I'm more comfortable in my "tactical" dress, but I know that's just not the vibe I'm looking to throw at DRM.

Anyway, none of that matters. Other than the resort rules for the restaurants in the evenings, you do you and it'll be fine.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby curiousexotic » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 pm

jandr2u wrote:I prefer to dress up a bit for my wife. Linen slacks are awesome for dinner and general evening dress. Sure, there's guys in the disco in cargo shorts, ratty t-shirts and slides, but it always confuses me. If your wife is all-out either with costumes or evening wear, why can't you put some effort in to look nice for her. I'm more comfortable in my "tactical" dress, but I know that's just not the vibe .

Fully agree, we also assume that if that is your level of care “board shorts, flips flops, etc..” then it will likely transfer to your attitude. Even date nights at home we both try to impress each other.
curiousexotic
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:41 pm

It could be that's what his woman likes him to wear (for whatever reason). Could also be that she hates it too - impossible to know the answer without asking them. In either case isn't that something that is really between them? I always hear Desire is what you make it, do your own thing don't worry about others etc... (which I generally agree with), but this is completely counter to that. In other areas it would be considered judgmental, seems like a double standard to me.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby sanma1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 pm

I agree with everyone.
At the final, the answer to the original question depend on what you want to express by your clothes. Clothing is a communication way as is speaking, writing of dancing!
You want to seduce or impress? And who? And what is your level of confort with different type of clothes? Answer these questions and you'll find what to wear.
Be confortable, others will feel it. Enjoy your vacations!
sanma1
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 16 Apr 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: JALF

Postby jandr2u » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:00 am

Explorer79 wrote:It could be that's what his woman likes him to wear (for whatever reason). Could also be that she hates it too - impossible to know the answer without asking them. In either case isn't that something that is really between them? I always hear Desire is what you make it, do your own thing don't worry about others etc... (which I generally agree with), but this is completely counter to that. In other areas it would be considered judgmental, seems like a double standard to me.

Yup. That's why I simply offer my thoughts on the matter and end with "whatever floats your boat". No judgement from me, just confusion at what I observe. Like you, I'm detailed and analytical, so there's always something clicking through my brain trying to figure stuff out. :)
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:32 am

Yeah, I totally get that! :D
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Cargo shorts and t-shirts will work fine for the daytime and even at night at the buffet, if that's what you want to do. The other two restaurants require long pants.

It's not like you HAVE to dress up in the evenings, but most do.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Desireus2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:55 pm

I try to follow the Lifestyle "Dress to impress" philosophy in the evenings. As well as doing most of the theme nights. You do seem to meet more people that way.

Cheers
David and Julie
April 24 - April 30 2022
10th time
Hilton Head SC
Desireus2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 24 Apr 2022

Postby gaviao » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm a guy who thinks "the more skin, te better"; but my wife likes to wear something elegant at least 2 or 3 hours a day, for dinner and previous cocktail. It doesn't mean that her outfit should be conservative; most of times her cleavages, the ridiculous size of her skirts or the transparency of the fabrics are breathtaking. But some detail of charm is always present. For not be an ugly contrast against her, I always wear a nice linen slack, collared and buttoned shirt and a couple of fine shoes.
The remaining 21 hours of the day, she agrees that I decide her outfits, which tend to be from minimum to nothing at all.
I think it's a fare deal, and I consider myself the winner in this ecuation.
So, my friends, cargo shorts and t-shirt? Really?
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby happycpl » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 am

We enjoy the whole sensual environment and try to maximize the experience as much as possible on our 4-5 day trips. Usually we will dress in a theme like dinner outfit that is more restaurant friendly but sexy and then after dinner and a few drinks in the lobby we switch to disco theme night outfit which is generally more revealing
KIK
happycpl3369
happycpl143
happycpl
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Sep 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya