Hot Tub Temp & Low Blood Pressure

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Hot Tub Temp & Low Blood Pressure

Postby casey » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 pm

My wife usually cannot take the heat of a hot tub. If the hot tub is really hot it lowers her blood pressure and she becomes dizzy. Does anyone know about what temperature they usually keep the hot tub. I have read about the swim up hot tub, how much of your body is actually submerged under the water, is it about the same as the swim up bar at Hedo? Does anyone else have this condition and if so, how did you get around it.

Thanks in advance
casey
Desire Convert

We are from: USA

Postby CokeMann » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:16 am

I have been on BP meds for many years and these contribute to a constant state of low BP for me - generally I have no problems with the Desire Jacuzzi whereas I do with other friends hot tubs when we visit them.

Generally they keep the Jacuzzi temp at a constant 100 degrees - not very hot as Hot Tubs go. Also if you are sitting in the Jacuzzi the water level is usually at or below the nipple area (depends how many are in the tub at the same time - lol) so her whole body is not immersed.

She should be fine, but remember the consumption of alcohol and the higher temps of the tub will act in combination to lower BP - just have her sit up on the edge for a couple of minutes if she is beginning to feel woozy or go around to the other side of the bar and sit on the stools there.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby seanandheather » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Whenever I become dizzy while enjoying the hot tub my wife is always very quick to go have me lie down on one of the beds. Before you know it I am as good as new. :wink: Seriously though, the hot tub is never really HOT, I would call in more of a very warm tub, which is perfect for hanging out in and socializing adn not feeling like you are being cooked as part of that nights dinner. Just have her dangle her feet on the edge, hang out and have fun!
seanandheather

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya