Diet Sprite/7up?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Diet Sprite/7up?

Postby 2Martinis » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:31 pm

We enjoy vodka and diet sprite or diet 7up. Last year there was neither of these available. Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if that is still the case and if so are there any stores nearby where some could be purchased?
2Martinis

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Re: Diet Sprite/7up?

Postby Fourmotioncpl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:37 pm

We just got back last week and there were only regular 7up/sprite. I would think, in our opinion that it wouldn’t be worth all the hassle and time to go all the way to town to get diet. Is it really that important with all the calories being taken in with all the alcohol being drank anyway? We drink vodka and soda there with a squeeze of lime. If you want the sweetness like 7up, they will put a dash of agave syrup in your drink.
Kasidie- fourmotioncpl
SLS- 4motioncpl2
Kik- Fourmotioncpl
Fourmotioncpl
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 15 Sep 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby jandr1013 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:18 am

2Martinis wrote:We enjoy vodka and diet sprite or diet 7up. Last year there was neither of these available. Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if that is still the case and if so are there any stores nearby where some could be purchased?

I didn't take a look at the fridge last week, but there's an OXXO convenience store right at the turn into RM where you could ask your driver to stop. We used USA Transfers last week, and they were happy to make a quick stop there so I could buy a SIM card for my phone. Also, if you have access to a butler while you're there, they helped stock our fridge with Sprite Zero one year.
jandr1013 on Swinging Heaven (Canada) and Cafe Desire
Desire Trip #13 at Pearl Nov 2-9th, 2024
jandr1013
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SHeaven CafeDesire

Postby desireaddict » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 am

jandr1013 wrote:
2Martinis wrote:We enjoy vodka and diet sprite or diet 7up. Last year there was neither of these available. Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if that is still the case and if so are there any stores nearby where some could be purchased?

I didn't take a look at the fridge last week, but there's an OXXO convenience store right at the turn into RM where you could ask your driver to stop. We used USA Transfers last week, and they were happy to make a quick stop there so I could buy a SIM card for my phone. Also, if you have access to a butler while you're there, they helped stock our fridge with Sprite Zero one year.

For someone who is diabetic it isn't just about the calories. Our driver is always happy to make a quick stop at 7-Eleven (there are two en route to DRM) as we do not like Diet Coke (aka Coke Light) and that is all the resort has to offer. Tip the driver to show you appreciate the stop over.

Life is Good !
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya