Cost

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Cost

Postby GONE SOUTH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Why are the prices so high? It is a nice place but it is now out of my Wife and I price. Other than the theme it is not worth the cost. We went to Aventura Palace and it is actually cheaper there.

If you are listening LOWER your prices.

I can only hope someone gets the message that there is a need for this theme and becomes there competition....
GONE SOUTH

Postby Yankeefan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Us too. Wont be going back for a while now until they either lower the prices or we hit the lottery.

oh well.

have fun folks.
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Coming from the West Coast of Canada, we can identify with what you are saying but how can we put a dollar amount on our priceless experiences that only Desire can offer :?:
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby R/S » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 am

I agree. Planned on going this summer. However, we just got priced out of our budget. Hoping they will run some kind of promotion.
R/S
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 am

Desire currently has a promo running:

for bookings during the period May31 to Jun30
and for the period August 01 to Dec 25

I believe that to take advance of these promos you will have to book by March this year
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:32 pm

We agree about the cost. The prices have skyrocketed since we first started going to Desire 7 years ago. On our first trip, we stayed in an ocean view Jacuzzi suite for $235/nt....now that same room is over $600/nt. They will keep charging these prices and raising them because they have a monopoly on this type of resort (couples only, lifestyle friendly). It is bad enough the prices keep going up but they keep nickel and diming us also...$5 for room service, $10 or so daily for internet, $$ to reserve a beach bed... When will it stop? Who knows. We love the uniqueness of the resort and the great people we meet and memories we make...but at what cost?
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby GONE SOUTH » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Is there any other resorts like this? We like the concept but not the price.
GONE SOUTH

Postby miranda » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:51 pm

:(
miranda
Desire Legend

Re: Cost

Postby 2good4better » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:05 am

GONE SOUTH wrote:Why are the prices so high? It is a nice place but it is now out of my Wife and I price. Other than the theme it is not worth the cost. We went to Aventura Palace and it is actually cheaper there.

If you are listening LOWER your prices.

I can only hope someone gets the message that there is a need for this theme and becomes there competition....

In looking at the Aventura Palace web site and it doesn't look like it has anywhere near the atmosphere that Desire does. No clothing optional, no acceptable public sexual acts, not lifestyle friendly.

I'm sure we all would like to go to Desire for less money. But let's realize what we are getting for our money. Are there any other resorts that offer the same thing as Desire? Competition is a good thing in making all resorts better but we don't know of another place that can match Desire's atmosphere.
2good4better
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby 2batdesire » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 am

we used the Summer 2010 Promotion discount and got our garden-view room for August for $344 per night. That was exactly the same rate we used last year with the summer promotion. If you check out the discounts and are able to book when they are available, the cost of a vacation at Desire is still reasonable and not skyrocketing.
2batdesire
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:27 pm

2batdesire wrote:we used the Summer 2010 Promotion discount and got our garden-view room for August for $344 per night. That was exactly the same rate we used last year with the summer promotion. If you check out the discounts and are able to book when they are available, the cost of a vacation at Desire is still reasonable and not skyrocketing.

Just to give everyone a sense of comparative value - the Azul resort, directly to the north of the Desire property, is also a AI boutique resort about the same size as Desire (but no nudity, LS activities or even topless)
Their rates in August '10 for a gardenview equivalent room for two people is $ 470 a night

We can all agree that we wish that prices at Desire where more affordable - so that we could go more often !!!

However Desire did announce mid last year that there was to be no rate increase for 2010 and so far their prices for 2010 have remained the same as the where for 2009
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 pm

True, there has been a price freeze so far for 2010. We do realize that the Azul's rates are more expensive. however, Desire has started charging for room service (WTF?) and have removed some top shelf liquors (My Grey Goose!) from their offerings. I just remember the good ol' days when their rates were more affordable. We agree, there is no other resort that offers the type of experience that Desire does. If there was another resort that could match Desire's atmosphere with a lower price, they'd have a goldmine!
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby GONE SOUTH » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I agree. Lets partner up and call it Horney town...LOL.
GONE SOUTH

Postby Powderfinger » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:21 pm

It's called supply and demand people...they charge because they can.....if it was your business, why the hell would you lower prices?!?!? I wouldn't, and you wouldn't.......
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 pm

I guess since I am not a Desire veteran I can't really compare what "used to be" as to what it is now.

We enjoyed "real" Jack Daniels. We don't use room service ($5.00 is what you can get a Starbucks coffee for) so that's a non-issue and we are on vacation so we rarely use the Internet (but there is free WiFi at Desire now).

Have you tried Temptations? They sound like party central and there seems to be lots of "lifestyle" activities that go on there - and I think they charge much less than Desire does.

We loved our first trip to Desire Cancun and plan on returning.

I'll just have to stop gong to Starbucks a couple of times a week and carry a brown bag lunch to work. Those savings per week will surely add up to significant amount of money towards a Desire vacation.

Think about what you pay per week to stop at the coffee shop and how much you spend on your lunch at work. You would be amazed at how it all adds up. :lol:
miranda
Desire Legend

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya