Latest report on disco, playroom

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Not getting Smart

Postby danmason » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 pm

CokeMann wrote:
danmason wrote:It looks like it is ready to go, and ahead of schedule??

I hate to burst your bubble - those "pictures" are just standard computer graphic renderings of what the place will look like.

Most designers provide these well before the actual construction process in order to "sell" their concept to clients and hopefully win the bid to get their design sold to clients

Bottom line is that it will be done when Desire said it will be done and will "look" approximately how these renderings depict the place.

DAMN! Fooled by the old standard computer graphic rendering of a disco trick! That's the second time this week.
danmason
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:32 pm

danmason wrote:Wow. That might be bigger than before, or maybe they just use the same camera they use to take the room photographs they post on their website. :D

Yep it will be bigger - part of the plan was to break down some internal walls between the disco and a storage area adjacent to the disco to enlarge the overall disco area.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby miranda » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 pm

I kind of figured it was just an artist's rendering and the seating arrangements, IMHO, look ridiculous.

Who would be moving furniture around to clear off the dance floor? :roll:
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Siren » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Hey All,

We're the host couple for the LL Takeover that commences next week. We sure hope they're correct with their time schedule, but we don't feel it will be the end of the world if it isn't. It IS Mexico, after all, and they work on a very different timetable than we in the states do.

Regarding the Piano Bar, we make our own for the takeover. After the early entertainment in the Melange bar area, we have a sound system and a specific mix for the evening's theme night. We rename it the Martini Lounge for the week. The median age for our group is probably early 40's and, sometimes, the disco just gets to be too loud. The Martini Lounge affords a little softer, little more erotic vibe for those who are seeking it.

By the way, thanks for hosting these forums. I think they're very useful for anyone planning a visit to Desire.
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby mfay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:32 am

Siren- that's fantastic ! We have lobbied the powers that be in the past many times to have something similar on a nightly basis. Actually that is even better than a piano bar anyway. Most of the year, it's very comfortable out there in the evenings.
We love the disco and always participate for a while each night, but it would great to have that other option to be able to actually talk to folks or just to relax when we get a little worn out........................
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

d

Postby wickit54 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

we have just received word that the disco renovations will not be completed until April 10.10
wickit54

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Wickit,
Where did you get that information? Is it posted somewhere? That seems like a little different story than they were telling. That is 6 weeks from now.
I hope for the sake of those of you going next month, that is not true...I just hope it is done by JUNE!
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby johnandheidi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm

That really sucks. I want a refund.
johnandheidi

Postby wickit54 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:04 pm

we were there the day it closed. ...we complained.....just got an email back from them and the information was included in their response
wickit54

Postby mfay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Yes, it is true. I just had a short IM conversation with Jorge (guest services) and he confirmed that because of bad weather they have had to move the date to April 10th. I don't know the particulars, but they obviously are not happy about it either.
Mike
mfay

move your reservation

Postby landedesire » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 pm

johnandheidi wrote:That really sucks. I want a refund.

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that if you really DO NOT want to be there while the temp disco and playroom is being offered and you can move your dates easily without to much of an issue, Desire is wonderful about moving your reservation to another time. Just a thought! Good luck!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:35 pm

What the hell?

"Yes, it is true. I just had a short IM conversation with Jorge (guest services) and he confirmed that because of bad weather they have had to move the date to April 10th."

Did a hurricane we didn't hear about come through? What kind of weather causes a 5 week delay? I think they knew it was going to take this long all along. They just didn't want any cancellations. They sure suck when it comes to PR from management. Waiting until last minute to tell guests they are redoing the jacuzzi....then closing the disco and playroom without notice for 2 months..... Damn, I am worried what's going to happen next for our trip in June.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby johnandheidi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Desire may accommodate re-booking the week for another time ok, but try getting your frequent flyer air reservations changed without about 4-5 months notice, especially during the Spring and early Summer.

Fagetaboutit
johnandheidi

Postby mfay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm

As I said Cali, I don't have the particulars. I can only pass on what was said. I have no idea what part of the project or supplies for it were being held up by weather or what kind of weather it was.
But it's pretty easy to say with confidence that Desire's management has every incentive to get the job done as soon as possible- and absolutely none to drag it out. They obviously know that any/every delay is going to elicit a certain number of comments just like yours. No company as successful as Desire has been could possibly be bad enough at the PR game to do that intentionally.
Mike
mfay

Postby mfay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm

John & Heidi,
You are the one's who will be affected, not us. So you certainly have every right to be unhappy about the situation. But if it were us, we'd have to agree with what Siren said above. It really wouldn't be that big a deal. Each and every trip we do spend time every night in the disco. 2 hours a night, maybe three. That is just one small part of our 18 hour a day Desire experience. And, for the past couple of years the disco has been in desperate need of updating anyway. Often too hot, sometimes smelled of mold, bad carpet, stuffy playroom- all in all a constant source of complaint. So it very well could be that even the temporary facilities will be an improvement. Either way, for us, it would be way too small a part of the total vacation to ruin anything or keep us away.
Just an opinion................but if we took a poll I think you may be surprised at how many would agree.
Mike
mfay

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya