Latest report on disco, playroom

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:25 pm

mfay,
I would have to disagree on the of what role the disco/play room plays on the average person's Desire experience. Many of us Desire veteren's are "vampires", we wake up at 11am and go to bed @ 3-4am...usually closing down the disco and enjoying the playroom not to mention watching the sexy ladies dancing on the poles.
I do not have a problem with Desire doing renovations. I applaud them for that. It is just the way they go about it. They could have posted a message on their website stating that during the months of February and March the disco will be closed for renovation..... Not just closing it without notice. You know the plans have been in the works for months. With notice, guests could choose what effect that closure would have on their Desire experience. We went to Hawaii a couple of years ago and 3 months prior to our trip we were notified the resort would be undergoing construction and that we were free to reschedule our trip if needed.....they communicated! Once again, they have taken away a major part of the resort and offer nothing i return (discounted rates, free night on future trip, etc) Why didn't they wait to do this in August & September when their occupancy rates are much lower? I am disappointed. Once again, i am hoping no surprises are sprung up on us during our trip this June.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby mfay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Don't think anyone would disagree with your point about prior notification- concerning both the hot tub renovation and the disco. My disagreement was only about whether or not they knew the disco would take longer than 5 weeks and that they intentionally misled. That doesn't make sense. As for doing the repairs in September- OH NO- NOT WHEN I'LL BE THERE !!! LOl
Hopefully the temporary facilities will provide close enough to the same experience for those of you to whom the disco is a critical, make or break, part of your trip.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby johnandheidi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 pm

I agree with Cali. What's the most disappointing was that there was NO notification and NO reduction in costs. If they had at least done that, then people can decide whether or not to book for those dates having that information beforehand. Not a good way to handle this imo.
johnandheidi

Postby miranda » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Even though we have only been to Desire Cancun once, we agree with mfay in that Desire will do whatever they can to accommodate those who have the misfortune of not having all their facilities up and running all the time.

There were folks who had to do without the hot-tub for a few days but somehow they made it through.

I think having music around the Melange Lounge and that they have turned the pool restaurant into the dance floor / disco (is that still an option?), says a lot about the resort.

They are trying their best to renovate the resort due to "years" of complaints and suggestions from guests on how to improve the facilities and, when we were talking to Mia (she was the go-to Guest Service staff member) about how they would go about renovating, she told us it would be a really tough time for them (the resort) because they didn't want to shut the resort down completely to be able to do all the reno's they want to do and they knew they would be inconveniencing folks to a certain extent.

Heck, if a Lifestyle Group is going during a renovating time and they don't seem to be too upset by it, well, that certainly says something IMHO. They will just "make it work" to have the best times of their lives.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby oldseadog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:59 am

August and September are low occupancy (and low rate) partly because it's Hurricane season.
If the renovations have been held up by bad weather now, how much more might they have been delayed in August or September while a TRS went through.
But now they've started there isn't much anyone can do about it; everyone will just have to put up with it or re-schedule. You could try asking for a discount though.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Any update on how the temporary disco is working?

Postby gandsl425 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am

Can anyone update on how well the temporary disco is working out?

Is it well attended?

Are people still participating in theme nights?

Insect bites are often a problem for some people in the lounge area in the evening hours. Is that also a problem with the temporary outdoor disco?

Are there any stripper poles in the temporary outdoor disco?

How is the temporary playroom working out on the jacuzzi deck?

Thanks in advance!
gandsl425
Desire Convert

Postby LagniappeDC » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 pm

My guess is that they do not have stripper poles in the temporary disco. The key to having a pole that you can really use is that they must be securely attached to the floor and a joist or stud in the roof. Otherwise they are downright dangerous for doing anything but the simplest of moves.

There is are two companies called "lil mynx" and "x-pole" which sells high quality removable poles. I've sent an email to the guest services suggesting that they purchase a couple of them. They are a very nominal investment for good guest relations and X-pole has a distributor in Mexico. They can easily be put up and taken down each night assuming they can anchor the top part.

I'm waiting to hear back.

Mike & Wayne -- know you guys are tight with management. Perhaps you could pass on the suggestion?
LagniappeDC
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS, APG

Postby CokeMann » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 pm

LagniappeDC wrote:Mike & Wayne -- know you guys are tight with management. Perhaps you could pass on the suggestion?

After viewing your lovely wife's recent video on FB, I can understand why you are concerned about having some poles available during your 3/24-4/1 visit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Nolaflacav » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 pm

I am thinking that with a little advanced planning they probably could have staged both the temporary disco and play room on the rarely used and seldom seen tennis courts.
Nolaflacav
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:19 am

Tennis courts ? What tennis courts ? In 16 visits I've never been on any tennis courts.
LOL- but come to think of it I have seen them.
This sounds like it would have been an excellent idea !
Mike
mfay

Postby tout.prest » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 am

Never even thought about the tennis courts, but your right, that would have had great potential for a temporary disco area. I have NEVER seen anybody use those courts anyway. The bugs however can be pretty intense down that direction !

56 More days till May 1st !! :D

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby kjc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 pm

they also could have made one of the suites into a play room they are larger than the original playroom,and indoors.
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Even if they used one of the suites as a playroom, it is still not the same. The attraction of the playroom is its proximity to the disco......watching my wife and other women dance sexy and then head right into the next door....spontaneous. They would never use one of the suites as a play room because they would not want to lose the $700/nt or so income the suite would bring in.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Timing of Repairs

Postby LanaDaz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:22 am

So the big question (at least for us) is how are they progressing. May be Jorge can give an update not heard since Feb.

We arrive 31st and hoping the disco will be open by then so we can christen it.
LanaDaz

Postby mfay » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:01 pm

For now they are saying the completion date is April 10th..............
Mike
mfay

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya