Latest report on disco, playroom

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Disco

Postby tahoeroby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I agree with those who would like the piano bar that was a good idea that never happened. perhpas they will surprise us. Heading down in June counting the days
tahoeroby
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Why would a piano bar be a good idea? Just curious.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Disco

Postby tahoeroby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm

My thoughts on it are, it would be a nice place to sit and talk with other couples with out all the noise and activity, would be a more relaxing place to sit and get to know others. Would provide another area to socialize and relax have a few drinks.
tahoeroby
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

Isn't that what the lobby bar area is for? But the idea of a quiet, intimate place to meet, talk and enjoy a few drinks is nice.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby CokeMann » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 am

miranda - FYI - it was thought of also to be competitive with Hedo II which has a piano bar and is one of the most popular areas at Hedo II in the evenings.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby oldseadog » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:49 am

Our experience is that the piano bars at Hedo 2 & 3 are mostly quite noisy.
Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby mfay » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:40 am

The thought was, and it still seems like a good idea to me, that after the disco opens about half the crowd is left with not much to do. Although some go up to watch the contest, after that they leave because they don't want to dance and they feel it is just to noisy and stuffy to hang out in. Of course there is always the hot tub and just sitting in the lobby area talking, but a piano bar would be another alternative for the non- disco crowd to have some fun until it's time for...................
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 pm

We were also looking forward to the piano bar a few years back when they were going to do it. It would be another place to hang out and meet people, especially if it is is raining or cold outside. I don't think management will want to spring for the money to buy a piano and pay someone to play it especially with the money they are paying to renovate the jacuzzi and disco. Just my 2 cents.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby tout.prest » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Cali_desire_cpl wrote:We were also looking forward to the piano bar a few years back when they were going to do it. It would be another place to hang out and meet people, especially if it is is raining or cold outside. I don't think management will want to spring for the money to buy a piano and pay someone to play it especially with the money they are paying to renovate the jacuzzi and disco. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed ! We too love a piano bar as a nice place to go and socialize in a non-party atmosphere. It would be a very classy and welcomed addition to Desire, however, management is spending alot of money on the resort in a time where most business owners (myself included) are trying to spend as little as possible until things get rolling again (which seems to be taking FOREVER !! :x ) , so we need to give them credit for that and not expect the world all at at once. Just our 2 cents as well (we're almost up to a cool nickel Cali ! :lol: )

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Denver Duo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 pm

banging on the piano at Desire. the piano keys that is....... or not. :wink: Even a plug in player piano could provide some atmosphere but an actual person to play would be better.
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby allstatemd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Desire's web site has a couple of pictures of what the new disco will look like...looks very nice and updated with beds in the disco :)
allstatemd
Desire Fan

Disco must be ready!

Postby danmason » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:27 pm

It looks like it is ready to go, and ahead of schedule??
danmason
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 pm

WOW! It looks beautiful! And it looks like they kept the poles for those who enjoy that feature. :wink:
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby danmason » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Wow. That might be bigger than before, or maybe they just use the same camera they use to take the room photographs they post on their website. :D
danmason
Desire Convert

Re: Disco must be ready!

Postby CokeMann » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm

danmason wrote:It looks like it is ready to go, and ahead of schedule??

I hate to burst your bubble - those "pictures" are just standard computer graphic renderings of what the place will look like.

Most designers provide these well before the actual construction process in order to "sell" their concept to clients and hopefully win the bid to get their design sold to clients

Bottom line is that it will be done when Desire said it will be done and will "look" approximately how these renderings depict the place.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya