New family resort right next to DRM, how is that going work?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

New family resort right next to DRM, how is that going work?

Postby AandJ » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Margaritaville by Karisma is set to open in March immediately north of DRM (between DRM &Azul).
Displaying nudity is fine, but there goes anything PDA or PDS near the beach.
Or am I wrong?
AandJ
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Aug 2019

Re: New family resort right next to DRM, how is that going w

Postby CokeMann » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:10 am

Nope, you are wrong - the Azul resort has not been doing well economically for the last several years and you can read the official PR below:

Karisma Hotels & Resorts, in partnership with Margaritaville Holdings wrote:Margaritaville Island Reserve by Karisma Riviera Cancún rises from the complete conversion of the former Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya by Karisma, occupying a magnificent beachfront location along the stunning Mexican coastline in Riviera Maya.

Azul catered to rich parents with babies and toddlers who wanted a somewhat stress free vacation - I guess they couldn't make a long term go of it and decided to switch it up to a more or less vanilla mainstream Jimmy Buffet themed resort. I don't really see that the rebranded property is going after the "family" market and I don't think there will be any increased beach traffic of young kids past Desire - lol
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby rohshambo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:51 pm

I don't know about you, but when we're busy on a beach bed there could be a circus walking by and we probably wouldn't notice. :)
Pam & Neal
kik: 2sunlovers
SLS: 2desiresunlovers
rohshambo
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 12 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby shore128 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 pm

A lot of people were quite concerned when Breathless went under construction several years ago. The concern was that Breathless guests would be looking down from balconies onto the RM hottub, pool and beach and that there would be a large increase in foot traffic. Some of us thought those concerns were unfounded, and that turned out to be the case. There are only 4 or 5 rooms at most at Breathless that have balconies providing even a partial view of the RM pool, the RM hottub is shielded from view and the foot traffic just isn't a factor either. Due to erosion and the vertical jetties (made of huge sandbags) that Desire installed, it takes some effort, particularly at high tide, to walk from Breathless to Desire and vice-versa. As the beach area between Desire and the Karisma resort isn't maintained, the piles of seaweed and debris doesn't make for an inviting walk either.
shore128
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya