C'mon People!

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

C'mon People!

Postby CSCupl » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Just got back from another great Desire trip

BUT.... C'mon people

- if you want a good loud conversation with your buddies, Please don't take it into the playroom! f**k, watch, whatever, but don't ruin it for everyone else

- same with the Jacuzzi beds. There are these cool inventions called cubbyholes to keep your stuff in.. don't just pile it on bed. One night all the beds were rocking with more people waiting... and one guy was having a nap. Really?

- we are really lucky to visit a great country like Mexico. Please leave your "2nd Amendment"/"Live Free or Die" shirts/Donald Trump pool floaties at home.

- Sometimes in the restaurants try your indoor voice. Then everyone else won't have to shout over you!

- hey lucky you. got a great spot at the bar. unfortunately no one else can get a drink. Maybe you could give a bit of room???

There... now I feel better
CSCupl

We are from: Canada

Re: C'mon People!

Postby werfun » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Know what you mean. We were at a party several times getting it on and several men walked into to the bedroom to smoke at the open window and started talking how far a 50mm shell would go and what it would do to a human body. Talk about mood killer. After a minute we got fed up dressed and left and we haven't been back to one of their parties since. We talked to the host and was told that they had to smoke some where.
werfun
Desire Legend

We are from: USA

Postby mustang » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:36 pm

CSCupl wrote:Just got back from another great Desire trip

- we are really lucky to visit a great country like Mexico. Please leave your "2nd Amendment"/"Live Free or Die" shirts/Donald Trump pool floaties at home.

:L :L :L :L :L :L :L we saw a guy at the pearl proudly wearing his maga gear....total buzzkill !
mustang
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Sep 2021

Postby Vixen and Him » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:24 pm

:L :L
CSCupl wrote:Just got back from another great Desire trip

BUT.... C'mon people

- if you want a good loud conversation with your buddies, Please don't take it into the playroom! f**k, watch, whatever, but don't ruin it for everyone else

- same with the Jacuzzi beds. There are these cool inventions called cubbyholes to keep your stuff in.. don't just pile it on bed. One night all the beds were rocking with more people waiting... and one guy was having a nap. Really?

- Sometimes in the restaurants try your indoor voice. Then everyone else won't have to shout over you!

- hey lucky you. got a great spot at the bar. unfortunately no one else can get a drink. Maybe you could give a bit of room???

:L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby CatawampusHalo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:41 am

I love when people are brazen enough to wear maga gear in Mexico. Shows me who I don't need to waste time getting to know.
Heather & Jason
Pearl 20 Dec 30-Jan 6
Pearl 19 Dec 27-Jan 3
Pearl 18 July 28-Aug 4
Pearl 17 July 22-28
Hedo 05, 06, 08, 09, 14
CatawampusHalo
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Postby Hd04 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:06 pm

I think the very last think I want to think of at Desire is US Politics. Either side.
Hd04
Desire Fan

Postby Justskin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:38 am

Or on this site.....
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby RJOC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Justskin wrote:Or on this site.....

:L :L
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Desireswingers2112 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:58 pm

CatawampusHalo wrote:I love when people are brazen enough to wear maga gear in Mexico. Shows me who I don't need to waste time getting to know.

Well said!
May2011RM
Dec2011
Mar2012
Jun2013
Jan2015Pearl
Apr2016RM
Apr2017
Oct2017
Apr2018
Oct2018
Desireswingers2112
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Menageaquatre

Postby sun30265 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:57 pm

We ran into our first MAGA hat wearing guy playing pool volleyball at Pearl last month...we debated saying something to the guy wearing it; not pro or con, but just why bring that (or any other political statement) into the Pearl environment where we are on vacation, regardless of the feeling about Trump?

Our second concern was for the Mexican staff at Pearl, and how they might react/feel seeing an American wear it in their country.

Most people have the decency and self awareness to leave politics at home...we wish we would have said something and next time we will...not confrontational but just a message.

It detracted just a bit, but the fun at Pearl just can't be stopped!
sun30265
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby desireaddict » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 am

Most people have the decency and self awareness to leave politics at home...

We were at DRM the night of the 2016 election. IMHO it was a great time! NO ONE (at least those staying up late at the bar to see the results) had "left politics at home". Trumpers on one side of the bar. Hil's camp on the other side. Canadians on the far end accepting adoption applications.

I fail to understand how the people who frequent a place like Desire can be the most "open" and "accepting" people on so many "controversial" things (particularly alternative lifestyle -- I think the "Lifestyle" falls in that category) but so close minded on differences of opinion in politics (or even religion maybe). Surely if James Carville and Mary Matalin can "put politics aside" in their (almost) 20 years of marriage, we can put up with someone who is on the other side of the aisle for one week. (Google them if you're too young or too out of touch with any politics to know who they are.)

Relax. It’s just sex, I mean, politics. :mrgreen:
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby reachn » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:58 pm

desireaddict wrote:
Most people have the decency and self awareness to leave politics at home...

We were at DRM the night of the 2016 election. IMHO it was a great time! NO ONE (at least those staying up late at the bar to see the results) had "left politics at home". Trumpers on one side of the bar. Hil's camp on the other side. Canadians on the far end accepting adoption applications.

I fail to understand how the people who frequent a place like Desire can be the most "open" and "accepting" people on so many "controversial" things (particularly alternative lifestyle -- I think the "Lifestyle" falls in that category) but so close minded on differences of opinion in politics (or even religion maybe). Surely if James Carville and Mary Matalin can "put politics aside" in their (almost) 20 years of marriage, we can put up with someone who is on the other side of the aisle for one week. (Google them if you're too young or too out of touch with any politics to know who they are.)

Relax. It’s just sex, I mean, politics. :mrgreen:

:L :L :L :L :L
reachn
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Oct 2017

Postby Jdbhak » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:12 am

sun30265 wrote:We ran into our first MAGA hat wearing guy playing pool volleyball at Pearl last month...we debated saying something to the guy wearing it; not pro or con, but just why bring that (or any other political statement) into the Pearl environment where we are on vacation, regardless of the feeling about Trump?

Our second concern was for the Mexican staff at Pearl, and how they might react/feel seeing an American wear it in their country.

Most people have the decency and self awareness to leave politics at home...we wish we would have said something and next time we will...not confrontational but just a message.

I agree with leaving politics at home. However the statement about Mexican staff is way off base for the most part. We have a home between Playa and Tulum and have been going for 12 years. Many many close Mexican friends both business owners professional and maintenance staff. Most are pro Trump. Believe a wall makes sense as they have walls around everything Also at home we employ a dozen legal immigrants who all voted for Trump Again, totally agree with leaving it at home though

BTW would someone ask my wife to dance next time
Jdbhak
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2018

Postby mustang » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Jdbhak wrote:
sun30265 wrote:We ran into our first MAGA hat wearing guy playing pool volleyball at Pearl last month...we debated saying something to the guy wearing it; not pro or con, but just why bring that (or any other political statement) into the Pearl environment where we are on vacation, regardless of the feeling about Trump?

I agree with leaving politics at home. However the statement about Mexican staff is way off base for the most part. We have a home between Playa and Tulum and have been going for 12 years. Many many close Mexican friends both business owners professional and maintenance staff. Most are pro Trump. Believe a wall makes sense as they have walls around everything Also at home we employ a dozen legal immigrants who all voted for Trump Again, totally agree with leaving it at home though

BTW would someone ask my wife to dance next time

Highly unlikely anyone in Mexico or any immigrants here would be pro trump...! and if they are they're in the minority..
mustang
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 06 Sep 2021

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:11 pm

This is all about as "slanty" as any other political discussions I see anywhere else, not really seeing much difference honestly, not as hostile but just as entrenched.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya