First time to Desire RM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

First time to Desire RM

Postby Lovemywife » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:10 pm

My wife and I will be staying for week, it’s our first time at Desire Resort. We both enjoy being nude during the day around pool, beach and most anyplace where you can be nude. Question is, what is percentage that most people are nude all the time? We are not into the lifestyle scene, but enjoy meeting new people and getting to know others. Another question, are the theme nights lively and do people venture back out to pool or jacuzzi at night.
Lovemywife

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Apr 2020

Re: First time to Desire RM

Postby jandr2u » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi. Lot's of info here that answers your questions and then some. Read around. There's a search bar in the upper right too.

To answer your ?'s, not sure of a %, but you'll see people in various stages of naked throughout the day. My wife will go from bikini to topless to naked to bikini, etc. throughout the day. She loves bikinis, but doesn't get to wear them around family (they're not "regular" bikinis :D ), so she'll wear them at DRM. I don't walk around naked (like back to the room, etc.), but otherwise I'm always naked.

Theme night participation varies, but it is lively and fun. We fully participate and love it.

The party is at the hot tub after the disco! Till the wee hours of the night.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:37 pm

FYI - the Jacuzzi is usually open until about 3am every night, the pool is closed at night and I would discourage you from any nighttime ocean swims ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby desireaddict » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:42 am

Go to the POLLS section of this site and look for a post "Why Do You Go to a Desire Resort?"
61% claim to be "NOT Swingers but sexually adventurous". (I do think some of them might have crossed over.) :bj
But I think it's true when Desire says"Lifestyle Friendly" vs "Lifestyle Resort".

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby CanadianGirl » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 am

Lovemywife wrote:My wife and I will be staying for week, it’s our first time at Desire Resort. We both enjoy being nude during the day around pool, beach and most anyplace where you can be nude. Question is, what is percentage that most people are nude all the time? We are not into the lifestyle scene, but enjoy meeting new people and getting to know others. Another question, are the theme nights lively and do people venture back out to pool or Jacuzzi at night.

We've been 7 or 6 times. I don't know the percentage but I would say the vast majority of people are nude. You will meet lots of very cool amazing people. Yes, we find the theme nights pretty lively, they are a lot of fun and yes, there is usually something going on at the Jacuzzi at night between 12-3am. We usually shut down the Jacuzzi around 3 and there are always people there. Going there on our first trip we were not into the lifestyle at all.....but we were going home. :shock:
Just enjoy your time there, you will have a ball.
CanadianGirl
Desire Lover

Postby GoldCoCouple » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:43 am

Disclaimer: It all depends on the people who are there as to what your experience will be.

That being said, in our times there, MOST people are nude most of the time (our experience says 90% or higher). The last time we were there there were a few (say three) couples there that I don't think the wife expected it to be a nude resort and we were keeping an eye on them at the beach verandas. At first, the women were in bikinis. but the afternoon, the tops were coming off (then back on "...I can't believe I'm doing this!"). By the second day, the tops were off and two of the women had removed the bottoms (for a brief time). By the third, two women were nude and the third was topless. Something that we were told the first time we went to a nudist resort is that you don't need to be naked but after an hour or two, with everyone else being nude, wearing clothes just seems out of place (and they did). It takes some longer to feel 'comfortable' with nudity, but when everyone else is doing it and it isn't as shocking or titillating as they feared, it becomes easier (for most but never all).

Theme nights once again depends on the crowd, but they are usually very popular. The pool is closed at night and is off limits but the jacuzzi after dark should come with a warning label and written disclaimer. While 'no means no' is HIGHLY respected, the jacuzzi after dark is as close as you can come to Sodom and Gomorrah in the Americas. Just be prepared to see anything and everything...

Don't forget to report back as to how your vacation was!
GoldCoCouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2013
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, Swingersboard

Postby Lovemywife » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. Looking forward to going. Just one more question. Not to be a prude or stick in mud...I’m looking forward to having “fun” time with my wife in more open environment. As I mentioned, we are not in lifestyle, but we want to hang out in jacuzzi meeting people and conversating, but will we be a turn off to others if we do decline to participate. Most of the posts I have read seems to me we should not be, but we just don’t want to feel rejected. This is trivial, but as most everyone has commented on in this post and others, it is so much fun meeting people; all the nudists we have met are the friendliest and most transparent. Funny how you loose your clothes and everything is different. Thanks again.
Lovemywife

We arrive on: 13 Apr 2020

Postby Yeipi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Lovemywife wrote:As I mentioned, we are not in lifestyle, but we want to hang out in jacuzzi meeting people and conversating, but will we be a turn off to others if we do decline to participate.

Not at all! My wife and I are in the same situation. We are not in the lifestyle but in most of our trips we've had great conversations with all types of people and we have never seen or felt anything that may sound as rejection. No worries about that!
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby Texzuelano » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:57 am

Lovemywife wrote:Thanks for all the feedback. Looking forward to going. Just one more question. Not to be a prude or stick in mud...I’m looking forward to having “fun” time with my wife in more open environment. As I mentioned, we are not in lifestyle, but we want to hang out in jacuzzi meeting people and conversating, but will we be a turn off to others if we do decline to participate. Most of the posts I have read seems to me we should not be, but we just don’t want to feel rejected. This is trivial, but as most everyone has commented on in this post and others, it is so much fun meeting people; all the nudists we have met are the friendliest and most transparent. Funny how you loose your clothes and everything is different. Thanks again.

No worries. You will be fine.
Texzuelano
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Apr 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya