Is Desire RM for us?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Is Desire RM for us?

Postby wkhg » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:01 am

"You can later report back to hubby what he missed..."

He will certainly like that. :lol: Maybe he will be too excited to sleep after all.
wkhg
Desire Convert

We are from: USA

Postby bj02 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 am

Normal dresses are fine to wear. Most women aren't wearing fishnet dresses, or anything that revealing (you might see a couple of those though). There is such a wide range of dress, that I don't think anyone would feel out of place. It is pretty common to see couples separate, whether it being because of naps, or one might be playing beach volleyball while the other is at the pool. No issue with that.

My wife and I are both around 40 yrs old, and we will be making our 4th trip to Desire, in June. Our first trip was to Pearl, as we thought it looked nicer in the pool/hot tub area, as well as the rooms. We had a blast there, and were scheduled to go there again on our second trip. They ended up remodeling the hot tub during the exact time that we were going back, so we switched our reservations to RM. This summer will be our 3rd in a row to RM. We have only stayed in Ocean View rooms, and while the Pearl room was bigger and had it's own balcony, we have found that we are in the room so little, that it doesn't really matter. I think our main attraction to RM is the fact that it has more rooms, which means more people, which means higher percentage of busier disco/playroom/hot tub action. More people to people watch and mingle with. We also love the fact that there are a ton of beach beds, and you can have sex on those beach beds. When we were at Pearl, most of the beds were reserved, and it is against the rules to have sex on the beach(though we did sneak some play in on one of the beds on the edge of the property).

You could pick the one that you are leaning towards, and then do a day pass to the other resort, so you can get a small sample of what it is like. You'll have a blast at either resort!
Desire RM: 6/5-11/24
Bliss Cruise 11/10-17/24

txfuncouple6802 on SLS and SDC
bj02
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 05 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby wkhg » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:28 am

Thank you bj02! This all sounds great. I think our minds are totally made up. RM it is.

Now I can book the trip and move over into "meeting" forums! :D

We are early 40s, been married 16 years ( :o yikes has it been that long?), in love, secure, easygoing and fun-loving. We are thrilled to relax, meet new people, and have a great time in a new setting! Yay!!!!
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby Siren » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:46 pm

We like the vibe at DRM better than Pearl. We like the rooms better at Pearl. However, as Cokemann mentioned, we don't go to Desire for the rooms.

The set up of DRM (16 smaller villas housing 4 to 10 rooms each) with shared patios, lots of pathways and common areas just tends to lend itself to intimacy more than Pearl (8 villas, each 4 stories with no shared balconies). If you are looking for more luxurious rooms, book a Passion Suite or Desire Villa. However, some of my very favorite rooms at DRM are the Superior Garden View rooms. There are only 10 of those. You would probably want one in the 17, 18 or 19 villas because those are away from the pool area and your hubby can nap.If you go in July, rates are pretty low though, you can probably stay at a PS for the same price as a Ocean View during high season.

There's absolutely no issue with you being by yourself in the afternoon/early evening while your husband naps. Many of the more experienced LS couples play separately and it's not unusual for a solo husband or wife to be at the pool or jacuzzi. I suppose it's always easier for the wife, but not if the two of you have already made some friends at the resort.

Regarding attending with a mix of LS couples, nudists or just fun party people- that honestly shouldn't be an issue. You'll figure out who's in the LS and who's there just to have a sexy, erotic vacation without play.

We always tell people, 'it's your vacation, dress exactly how YOU want to dress". I always wear a little thong or g-string around the pool or beach because that's how I'm most comfortable. While I do like to dress sexy for dinner, I usually save my skimpier theme night outfits for after dinner.

Like Cokemann stated, the worst thing would be for you NOT to attend either of the resorts!!

Have fun and be sure to report back and let us all know what you thought.

~Siren
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby SandL » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 am

Well said Siren! Your experience is almost the exact same as ours. Both resorts are very nice, but we found that at Pearl the layout of the resort didn't encourage people to meet and gather together outside of the pool or jacuzzi areas. We just found RM more intimate even though there are more rooms.

Our preference at RM is for an ocean view room, but I wouldn't call anything other than the Villas or the Passion suites luxurious. We did have a jacuzzi room one year, and we just didn't find the extra cost was worth the upgrade (we spent more time in the public jacuzzi than our own ;) ) That said, at RM, the rooms are very clean and more than adequate. When we were at Pearl, the room we had was significantly bigger and slightly nicer (2 bathrooms was nice) but we didn't spend a lot of time there either.

My wife likes to nap in the afternoon as well, but I have the grace of a rhinoceros, so if she is sleeping, I will usually be hanging out at the lobby bar (wearing swim trunks because wicker chairs and testicles are not a good combination......LOL) having a coffee or a beer and chatting with the 4 or 5 other people who are also waiting for their significant other to wake up. As a single male, I won't go up to the hot tub by myself while she is napping but i wouldn't have any issues chilling on the beach or hanging out by the pool. For yourself, you know the rule, the ladies make the rules, so I'm sure it would not be an issue to be up in the hot tub being social with new friends.

Our preference between the 2 resorts is DRM. That might be a bit sentimental though, we had a lot of "firsts" at DRM (first nude beach, intro to lifestyle and everything in between). I don't think you'll have a bad time at either one, either way you will have fun!

Hope to see you there in July!
Hugs
S and L
<3
SandL
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 16 Jul 2024

Postby wkhg » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 am

Thank you so much for the detailed information! I love planning trips and this will help me get granular, LOL.

Siren, we are from L.A. too. :D
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby WesleyButtercup » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:01 am

So, .... those posts were back in February. What did you end up doing? So curious!!!

We have been to both RM and Pearl. Though Pearl seems "more luxurious", they are both unbelievably well-manicured and pristine on the outside of the rooms. The RM rooms are not meant to be luxurious, but we'd say very functional and just fine and we generally are very particular when it comes to hotel/resort accommodations. Most people at both places seem to have similar educational/professional backgrounds. Pearl honestly just seems so quiet when we visit there and we are not looking for quiet on this type of vacation. (We literally heard one person at the pool laugh and say in a very loud voice: "does anyone have a pulse here?!" --and that was in the middle of the day when things are generally pretty active at RM!)

As has been said above, you could easily get a day pass for Pearl, though staying at RM. That is what we would recommend. We will only go to RM in the future and may just visit Pearl if we want some peace and quiet in a LS friendly environment.

So, in summary... please let us know what you did!?
Kasidie, SDC: buttercupwesley
DRM June 29 to July 5, 2023
WesleyButtercup
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya