Is Desire RM for us?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Is Desire RM for us?

Postby wkhg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi! We are an experienced couple who had Cancun recommended highly to us recently at our favorite lifestyle club in California. After some research we are all for it and hope to go in late July, but cannot decide which club is right for us. I am leaning toward RM (I am the wife and I do all the vacation planning, so it's really up to me to decide, LOL).

This is what I'm thinking (sorry if some of this sounds stupid, I'm just laying it out like it is):

--We are pretty experienced, so we won't be having any issues "dipping our toes in the water."
--We want a lively group of visitors similar to us in terms of wanting to play and have fun
--We are in our 40s, in great shape and proud of it, look much younger, would appreciate good-looking fun crowd

Based on that, RM seems to be the place to go.

However, I read that Pearl is a little more upscale, and as we are in our 40s, we do appreciate luxury. We also want a fun time, but not booming bass 24 hours at the pool or a total Spring Break vibe (if you know what I mean). We like a nice room, someplace to relax in between playtime, and decent food.

Can anyone help? I am so stumped as to which resort to pick. Thanks!
wkhg
Desire Convert

We are from: USA

Re: Is Desire RM for us?

Postby CokeMann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:14 pm

The first thing you should realize is that both Desire properties are not Lifestyle clubs.

They are couples only resorts that are clothing optional in many areas and are Lifestyle "friendly".
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby wkhg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Yes, understood, same with the place we attend in California frequently. Just stating that we aren't going to be shocked by anything. :lol: *Should state it is also a resort not a club, albeit much smaller, I called it that for brevity.
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:19 pm

If you are looking for some guarantee that others will be primarily at the resort for Lifestyle activity then you should consider going when there is a Lifestyle oriented group resort takeover and go with that group.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby wkhg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 pm

OK, is there some sort of etiquette that we are not allowed to say we are in the lifestyle? Just checking here. There seems to be plenty of discussion of such subjects on this board. I am fully aware there are visitors who are not interested in lifestyle activities at all or to a lesser degree. Not sure why the cold response.
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby wkhg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Also, I never said anything about a '"guarantee." I'm about to book a vacation to a resort which is lifestyle-friendly which pretty much is what it is. I'm asking some questions about general vibe, crowd, music, and logistics.
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:34 pm

There are lots of trip reports from both properties on the forum and I would suggest have a read through them to get a better perspective of the vibe of each resort
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby wkhg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:39 pm

I have read them and most of them seem to concentrate on discussing sexual experiences in detail.

How loud is the pool? How long does the music go on? Is it more chill at Pearl?
The room descriptions seem to be just "OK" overall, is Pearl that much better in this arena?
Is it worth it to trade in a more luxurious smaller setting for more interesting crowd?

Thanks!
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:58 pm

wkhg wrote:How loud is the pool? How long does the music go on? Is it more chill at Pearl?

Neither place is like a spring break Cancun resort vacation - lol. There is the quiet end of the pool at Pearl or the Beach beds at Rivera Maya where you can just chill anytime.

The room descriptions seem to be just "OK" overall, is Pearl that much better in this arena?

The rooms at both resorts are decent in most categories, most just use them for sleeping/changing/showering - if you are considering partying with a few couples then get a Penthouse at Pearl or a Villa at Rivera Maya

Is it worth it to trade in a more luxurious smaller setting for more interesting crowd?

Depending on the week and who is there that week at each property would determine how interesting each property is to you - I've always found that there are many more interesting people at both properties than at any vanilla resort that we've visited ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby wkhg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Thank you CokeMann, I appreciate your insights, I just want to make sure I'm booking the right place for us but it sounds like either resort will do just fine. Now to just agonize a little longer over which one? We only have the opportunity to leave town for an extended period once a year.
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:20 pm

wkhg wrote:Now to just agonize a little longer over which one? We only have the opportunity to leave town for an extended period once a year.

IMHO - The only bad choice would be to not go :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby gntatdesire » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:00 am

RM is our preference, after having been to RM several times, and Pearl once. RM is not a "party place" compared to Pearl, just (in our opinion) more likely to have the sexy vibe more often, in more places around the resort.
The evening shows are a great warmup, the disco is active longer, with a MUCH nicer playroom than Pearl. And though the RM hot tub is much smaller than Pearl's....it leads to much easier interaction (aka foreplay :D ) with other guests, which we found to be a big plus.

We also preferred the restaurant layout at RM...more centralized, so again you are more able to mingle. We occasionally did last minute changes on dining choices, based on invites from other couples.
When does flirting become foreplay?

No regrets, except why did we wait to have so much fun!
gntatdesire
Desire Addict

Postby wkhg » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:57 am

Thank you gntatdesire, I think RM is the way to go for us. I think we could always request a quieter room too (that is what we do at any resort) so we can have downtime if needed. My husband loves his afternoon naps.

Speaking of naps. I myself am not a napper. Is it OK etiquette for me to go to the pool or hot tub by myself while he snoozes? (He won't care.)

We can't wait to go. Summer/July needs to come quickly!
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby wkhg » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:01 am

Oh, and one more question. I see that the ladies wear extremely revealing clothing to dinner. This isn't really my vibe (although I wouldn't be opposed to changing into it for the disco). Will I look out of place if I wear a regular dress? I'm kind of a bohemian hippie/surfer girl ... LOL.
wkhg
Desire Convert

Postby gntatdesire » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:56 am

Dinner attire for the ladies runs the range from a sexy sundress, to the old Desire rule "if it fits in one hand, it's perfect for Desire". And when underwear is skipped, or at the most,"barely there" (our Desire rule), it keeps the vibe flowing.
Single ladies are welcome anywhere, anytime :D You can later report back to hubby what he missed...
When does flirting become foreplay?

No regrets, except why did we wait to have so much fun!
gntatdesire
Desire Addict

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya