new disco and playroom

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

new disco and playroom

Postby Wingit48 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 pm

I was told new pictures of the disco/playroom were posted at the Desire website but nothing there. Has anyone seen the new design? Is the work done? We'll be there in April and am curious to see what changes have been made...
Wingit48
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Here is the link to the computer graphic renderings of what the design is supposed to look like.
http://desireresorts.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=6419#6419

Desire announced earlier that they expect this work to be completed by early March '10
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Coke,
The link you supplied only takes me to the post from Desire stating the renovations will take 5 weeks.... Another poster is now stating it won;t be ready until April. Does anyone have any updated news on this?
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby mfay » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Yes, it is true. I just had a short IM conversation with Jorge (guest services) and he confirmed that because of bad weather they have had to move the date to April 10th. I don't know the particulars, but they obviously are not happy about it either.

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Vadancer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Mike & Barbara are correct. We just returned last night and there is no way the new disco and playroom will be ready in March. When it is finished it will be excellent, though. Be patient...the results will be worth it.
Vadancer

Postby Swingercast » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Vadancer wrote:Mike & Barbara are correct. We just returned last night and there is no way the new disco and playroom will be ready in March. When it is finished it will be excellent, though. Be patient...the results will be worth it.

I agree the results will be worth it! We are going in a few weeks and are glad they are renovating the disco. Last year it got so hot & stuffy up there we wished they would bring the disco outside..guess we got our wish. ; )

I have a question for you Vadancer...Is there a pole set up in the temporary disco? We have lots of sexy women coming with our group that have been working on their pole dancing moves all year and we would all be totally bummed if there was not a pole! Allie
Swingercast
Desire Convert

Postby funcple » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Just returned from Desire Feb 11th to the 21st 3rd visit and we love the resort for every trip except this visit. The temporary Disco was terrible, not anything like the normal vibe at the regular disco. It was very cold and windy, there was no pole and not well attended. The temporary play room was a disaster a tent that leaked from rain every day, the sides of the tent were not secured well and always seemed to be a constant distraction, the carpet was always wet. We have always visited during February and the temperature was always pleasant except for this trip (no fault of Desires), the hot tub was never warm the entire time(this is fault of Desire!!!), the temperature appeared to be around 95degrees well below body temperature. Everyone complained and the management exchanged niceities but never fixed the problem. We heard there is a new manager that is not in touch with how important service is and we experienced this first hand. The pool was warm, the staff and food were great- the positive. The disco, playroom and Hot tub were awful. My opinion is that the ownership is not in touch and the management believes that there is not any compitetion and therefore they do not need to be attentive. We love Desire and believe that they still are in a class of their own, but they cannot assume their custumers will continue to be loyal with this kind of service. It is totally wrong to think they can temporarily change the resort and not inform their custumers prior to their vacation. We could have struggled through most of the discomforts, however the hot tub not providing warm water was unexceptable. We were extremely dissapointed, and we love the resort.
funcple
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 am

Funcple- we have been able to confirm that there are no changes in Desire management. Martin the GM and his two top department managers Mario and Alessio are all still there in the same positions they have held for around a year and a half (Mario for many years)and have proven to be very customer service oriented.
The only change recently has been Jorge taking Mia's spot in guest services. Even though it sounds like the weather played a big part in your disapointments (I understand- the same has happened to us in January) I'd suggest you write Jorge directly with your concerns. That is what he is there for.
As for all of you arriving soon, it sounds like what you all need (besides good weather) is to figure out a way to get a pole in the disco !
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Funcple,
We agree with you. The weather cannot be blamed on Desire, but the other things can. We cannot understand how a resort of their caliber cannot figure out something as simple as jacuzzi heat. That has been an issue during 4 of our 9 trips. Some may not feel that the closing of the disco & playroom is a big deal, but it is a big part of the sexual "vibe" of Desire. Hope they get things fixed by June !
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby Swingercast » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:28 pm

mfay wrote:As for all of you arriving soon, it sounds like what you all need (besides good weather) is to figure out a way to get a pole in the disco !

We got confirmation today from Jorge that there will be poles!! :D
Swingercast
Desire Convert

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya