DRM Jacuzzi Reno?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

DRM Jacuzzi Reno?

Postby Desireswingers2112 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:25 am

A member at Pearl said he heard that they would be renovating the rooftop Jacuzzi at RM. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? If so, a date? Thanks.
May2011RM
Dec2011
Mar2012
Jun2013
Jan2015Pearl
Apr2016RM
Apr2017
Oct2017
Apr2018
Oct2018
Desireswingers2112
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Menageaquatre

Re: DRM Jacuzzi Reno?

Postby nokidclub » Sun May 17, 2020 8:41 am

If true, they should do it now while they’re closed. No better time to make facility improvements than when the resort is empty.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun May 17, 2020 8:53 am

The information we got in a meeting with the general manager this past February is DRM has purchased the vacant land to the north of their property and plan to extend the resort onto this land. This will include a new pool. He stated the plan is to move the jacuzzi pool from the rooftop location to the current pool. Now I am not sure if that would mean redesigning the current pool to a new jacuzzi or what the plans are, but he did say the current rooftop jacuzzi is challenging in size and access for them and guests. Most would agree it is, more so at 'jacuzzi time', but we have enjoyed it, despite the packed over crowded size, late evenings it was always a great place to finish up the night with friends. I guess we will see what they do or if this becomes a reality.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Desireswingers2112 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:47 am

Interesting information. Thank you. I wonder when that would start.
May2011RM
Dec2011
Mar2012
Jun2013
Jan2015Pearl
Apr2016RM
Apr2017
Oct2017
Apr2018
Oct2018
Desireswingers2112
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: Menageaquatre

Postby CokeMann » Sun May 17, 2020 12:03 pm

northernlightscpl wrote:The information we got in a meeting with the general manager this past February is DRM has purchased the vacant land to the north of their property and plan to extend the resort onto this land.

I can assure you that this rumor has been debunked numerous times.

In addition I would add that it will take the entire travel industry many months, if not a year or more, to financially recover from the shut down - ie maintenance will happen, but reinvestment and new projects will be on hold for quite a while .........
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

CokeMann wrote:
northernlightscpl wrote:The information we got in a meeting with the general manager this past February is DRM has purchased the vacant land to the north of their property and plan to extend the resort onto this land.

In addiction I would add that it will take the entire travel industry many months, if not a year or more, to financially recover from the shut down - ie maintenance will happen, but reinvestment and new projects will be on hold for quite a while .........

Cokeman; this is the first time that I have read on this forum that this is a 'rumor' and has been 'debunked numerous times'. In fact it was the first and only time I heard this from the DRM manager or since. I have just emailed the manager and have asked him for clarification fact or 'rumor'. If fact, I agree, it will take a long time for any future development after Covid now anywhere. But I will see if he retracts his comments about the purchase and future renovations. or if they are fact.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Powderfinger » Sun May 17, 2020 1:20 pm

northernlightscpl wrote:
CokeMann wrote:

In addition I would add that it will take the entire travel industry many months, if not a year or more, to financially recover from the shut down - ie maintenance will happen, but reinvestment and new projects will be on hold for quite a while .........

Cokeman; this is the first time that I have read on this forum that this is a 'rumor' and has been 'debunked numerous times'. In fact it was the first and only time I heard this from the DRM manager or since. I have just emailed the manager and have asked him for clarification fact or 'rumor'. If fact, I agree, it will take a long time for any future development after Covid now anywhere. But I will see if he retracts his comments about the purchase and future renovations. or if they are fact.

LOL, the expansion to the property adjacent to the north, in its various iterations, has been the longest-lived, will-not-die Desire rumor going. For example, at least since 2008: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=185&hilit=expand Or 2009: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=351&hilit=resort+expansion

And it has continued to live on here ever since, popping up like it has here, every year or so.
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Gentlekind » Sun May 17, 2020 3:43 pm

The empty lot is where they told us the new mansion was being built. Did the sales people tell us a lie ? :shock: haha haha
Kik: dawgfanz
Sls:gentlekind69
Kasidie: gentlekind
Gentlekind
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby werfun » Sun May 17, 2020 4:27 pm

First off rumors are like the flu or cold as they always come back. I guess that it is wishful dreaming on the part of some, as Cokeman has said many times nothing about Desire is true until Original Resorts makes a press release. The sales team has been telling us since out first trip in 2008 that the resort brought the land next to them and major construction was going to happen in the near future so we had better join the resort, well we are still waiting. As Cokeman stated there will be no new major changes for several years. Just like most of us the resorts have monthly expenses to pay with no income coming in so they have to tap into their funds. I do not see any major construction for the next several years.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Sun May 24, 2020 8:28 pm

northernlightscpl wrote:
CokeMann wrote:

Only after they build Desire "Dominican Republic".
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

Postby BashfulDesires » Mon May 25, 2020 12:23 am

October 2017 as part of our member's update we were told the HotTub would be remodeled completely to make it larger and remove quite a bit of decking to make it more square and expand it further back.

We're still waiting on the New Desire in Cabos, the New Desire in Playa Mujeres, New Desire in Miami, New Desire in Dominican Republic...............

The Pearl Hot Tub back when it was a destination wedding resort was originally a "kiddie pool" so it's a plausible story.
BashfulDesires
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya