Ocean View 1st or 2nd floor?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Ocean View 1st or 2nd floor?

Postby amartin042 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:23 pm

I have an Ocean View room booked for June and was wondering what floor is better? And for those of you that have had an OV room is there a particular room that is better?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
amartin042
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:44 pm

If you like to drink the first floor is a lot safer - btw - room setup / quality is the same for 1st or 2nd floors
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby amartin042 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:06 pm

How is the view from the 1st floor? From the pictures that I have seen it looks like the view may be obstructed by a retaining wall for 1st floor rooms. Since I had to book an OV because there were no GV rooms available I want to make sure that I am getting the best view for my money. :shock: :D
amartin042
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:02 pm

The best view is looking around the resort - not outside your window - lol !!

Even on the OV 2nd floor, unless you go out on the mutual share balcony there is really no ocean view when sitting inside the room. As to the OV 1st floor rooms the view is mostly blocked by the wall of beach beds.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby amartin042 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:32 pm

CokeMann wrote:The best view is looking around the resort - not outside your window - lol !!

Can't agree with you more! :shock:

Even on the OV 2nd floor, unless you go out on the mutual share balcony there is really no ocean view when sitting inside the room. As to the OV 1st floor rooms the view is mostly blocked by the wall of beach beds.

Thanks, I think I will request a 2nd floor room. I love to sit out on the balcony in the morning with my cofee.
amartin042
Desire Convert

Postby cea2golf » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:32 pm

At night on the second floor it is nice to just enjoy a drink and watch all those cruise ships go by as you are relaxing from the balcony. You can give them a salute as to what a great vacation is about:)
cea2golf

Postby jamesandshawn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:51 pm

I call the Ocean View rooms the "bed view rooms" as all you ever see are the beach beds. I would assume the second floor may actually allow a good "ocean view."
jamesandshawn

Postby tikihutguy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 am

2nd floor does allow a good view of the ocean. As for sitting on the balconey with coffee understand there is one table for 5 rooms so you'll need to share :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 am

We prefer the 1511,1512 or 1611, 1612 for ocean view rooms. These buildings are blocks of 4 rooms (2 lower, 2 upper) The rooms listed above are 2nd floor rooms with a semi private deck (only share it with the couple next door) We don't like the buildings where 5 rooms share 1 table/patio area...seems like there is always someone there who has to have their 6 am cigarette or coffee and loves to talk...loud. We are night owls and stay up until 3am or so and are lucky if we make it to the buffet for breakfast & bloody Marys.
Like mentioned above, the first floor "ocean view" rooms look right at the back of the beach beds and have little or no view of the ocean.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya