Latest Covid situation at DRM....

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Latest Covid situation at DRM....

Postby kjc » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 pm

So what we did hear is that the fine from the government is not enough to keep management from filling up the resort.might not be true but makes sense. We were there in early August. 80% easily
kjc
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Justskin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Longislandlovers wrote:I believe it is the average of the week, we were there late August. Definitely quiet during the week and seemed pretty full on the weekend. As far as the virus goes, I'd say the resort is a fraction of the problem. You have transportation back and forth to airports (home & Mexico) airport terminals, bathrooms (BTW, I personally feel they're the worst), luggage handlers, airplanes....etc. Like others have mentioned if you're worried or scared, don't go. We had fun, the resort is trying their best to make it safe. Definitely take some vitamin C & Zinc prior to going and while your there. We're planning on returning this November, we're not going to let this virus run our lives.

Can we ask, have you had covid, and did you get it while travel during that August trip?

Thanks in advance.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:30 pm

Justskin wrote:
Longislandlovers wrote:I believe it is the average of the week, we were there late August. Definitely quiet during the week and seemed pretty full on the weekend. As far as the virus goes, I'd say the resort is a fraction of the problem. You have transportation back and forth to airports (home & Mexico) airport terminals, bathrooms (BTW, I personally feel they're the worst), luggage handlers, airplanes....etc. Like others have mentioned if you're worried or scared, don't go. We had fun, the resort is trying their best to make it safe. Definitely take some vitamin C & Zinc prior to going and while your there. We're planning on returning this November, we're not going to let this virus run our lives.

Can we ask, have you had covid, and did you get it while travel during that August trip?

Thanks in advance.

We know Longislandlovers and assume they haven't seen this post, I'll pass it on to them.
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby Justskin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:27 pm

We felt the need to post this....
We cancelled our Sept trip last month, and many of our friends did the same. Two couples--close friends of ours--did decide to go to DRM that week, all got covid.
The first couple battled the virus and recovered, per their communication we gather it was an ass kicker for both of them.

The second couple we urged to reschedule, but they went anyway, and unfortunately they both contracted the virus. She was asymptomatic, he started that way but quickly digressed and after an extended ICU stay, died.
These were two of our best travel friends whom we've known for years; this is a real gut punch, words don't suffice in the pain.

We've looked at this virus pragmatically, been living our lives, wearing a mask where necessary, etc, just carrying on; but this really makes us reflect. We live, we die, but some things are worth acknowledging if one wants to stick around awhile longer.
Be safe out there everyone and consider traveling when there is a vaccine or when numbers are greatly diminished.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Postby Justskin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:27 pm

double post...
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Postby LuckySevens » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Justskin wrote:We felt the need to post this....
We cancelled our Sept trip last month, and many of our friends did the same. Two couples--close friends of ours--did decide to go to DRM that week, all got covid.
The first couple battled the virus and recovered, per their communication we gather it was an ass kicker for both of them.

The second couple we urged to reschedule, but they went anyway, and unfortunately they both contracted the virus. She was asymptomatic, he started that way but quickly digressed and after an extended ICU stay, died.
These were two of our best travel friends whom we've known for years; this is a real gut punch, words don't suffice in the pain.

We've looked at this virus pragmatically, been living our lives, wearing a mask where necessary, etc, just carrying on; but this really makes us reflect. We live, we die, but some things are worth acknowledging if one wants to stick around awhile longer.
Be safe out there everyone and consider traveling when there is a vaccine or when numbers are greatly diminished.

Wow. So, so sorry to hear this. Sometimes you wind up affected by the “.5% chance”. I’ve been in that spot (it was more like a 0.0005% chance), and I know that in those moments, those numbers mean exactly zero. Again, I am so deeply sorry for that loss.

If it’s not terribly insensitive, how old was your friend? Did he have any underlying health issues? It doesn’t change a millimeter of the loss you’ve had to experience, or the pain from it. I’m just asking for perspective.

Thanks for sharing, and yes, as you said, be safe everyone.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby Venusin » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:57 pm

Terrible to read this, since this situation began i have been scared about it, i respect all people that say "there are no problem, we are young and healthy" but I have to care myself, i have blood high presure and i have more risk to die than other people, i take my medicine every day and i excercise i'm even under 50th. We love to go to DRM, We'd love to see you and we enjoy when you guys see us, but is not enough, in the future we will have very much time for see you, now is more important to care our life, i hope that you are ok and we will can see you soon. we like to read these posts, it was the way how we knew you and we have learned a lot about you, we have our sexy space here, you're part of our life altrought we don't ever see you before. thanks!!! we are learning english now we hope to speak with you next time.
Venusin
Desire Convert

We are from: Colombia
We arrive on: 13 Oct 2018

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya