RESERVATIONS for POOL CHAIRS??????

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

RESERVATIONS for POOL CHAIRS??????

Postby DoubleTrouble » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 am

Did I read the most recent trip report correctly? Reservations for POOL Chairs???? WHY, did management feel this was necessary?? :?:
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am

Hey guys :) Sean here and it looks like the answer is in this thread:

http://desireresorts.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1094

So looks like no, just some misinformation.
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby mfay » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:33 am

Right- the report is misleading. This system has been in effect for a year or so now. It is basically nothing more than first come first serve. You spot an empty chair, you check with the guy with the clipboard. If nobody else has already claimed it that day- it's yours. No fee, but often times people will tip him for finding them a chair, etc. This system allows you to go to lunch, take a walk, etc (up to two hours has been the rule) and still come back to your chair. Before this system, there were sometimes when people who couldn't find a chair and they would remove other peoples stuff from a chair and take it- even though the original people may have been away for just a short while or they were just lounging in the pool. As you can imagine this sometimes caused conflict.................
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby DoubleTrouble » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks for the clarification. I guess when we go in Oct we will see how this works out...........???
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

pool side lawn chairs

Postby Wingit48 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:55 pm

we have been to desire 3 times...the only issue we have is the un availability of umbrullas...peeps that hog the chairs and dont use them...to heck with them..and most peeps just hog the chairs and dont use them...we have never had a problem finding chairs by the pool...of course we dont have a problem with useing unuesed chairs with a towel reserving them for hours on end.....its not fair for peeps to hog chairs and not use them....share for gawds sake
Wingit48
Desire Fan

Postby anksewv » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

The last time we were there, I went for my morning walk and as I did, I would put our beach towels and beach bag on a couple of the pool chairs around 6 in the morning. Never seen anyone with a clipboard at that time of the day, just the guys cleaning the pool. We usually ate breakfast around 8 and was in the chairs by 9. And other a quick trip down to the ocean to splash around we we're never out of the chairs for more that an hour at a time. So what do you do in that situation, tell the clipboard guy when he gets there??
We are anksewv on SLS and AFF. Hope to hear from you
anksewv
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS AFF

Postby mfay » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:45 am

Exactly right. He tends to show up 7- 7:30 and just let him know right away when you see him.
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya