Vaccinations for Desire Staff ?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Vaccinations for Desire Staff ?

Postby NewCouple041723 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 am

Does Anyone know if the staff at desire has been vaccinated? I would think that would be a priority for the Mexican government to help with tourism.
KIK: Gman036
NewCouple041723
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2023

Re: Vaccinations for Desire Staff ?

Postby CaliCouple2021 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Currently only health care workers and people over 50 can be vaccinated in Mexico.
CaliCouple2021

We arrive on: 26 Apr 2021

Postby gaviao » Wed May 05, 2021 11:08 am

Ha, ha, ha! Mexican Goverment is a sh*t. Could you believe that doctors who work in private hospitals or private offices have not yet been vaccinated? "Wait your turn by age!" the president has said.
The government of the state of Quintana Roo has asked that workers in the tourism industry be vaccinated ASAP, but the federal government does not even look at them.
The reality in this country is that no one knows how many vaccines have been purchased and when they will arrive. To date, 11 million doses have been applied; less than 2 million people already have the required two doses. By age (I am 60 years old) I could already apply the first dose.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby Venusin » Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Unfortunately that's the reality in Latin american, our governments did not buy vaccines on time and we don't have money enough to buy a lot of vaccines like your country, in Latin American only are vaccined medical staff and older people.

People like me cannot be vaccined yet although I have high blood pressure, we cannot buy a vaccine it is not allowed in our country.

I think you are very lucky in this moment, if you already have been vaccinned.

This is not a political position please don't understand that, just this situation that exotic for you is normal for us. Don't feel bad please.

Even with this situation that happened in this part of the world, we love our country, is not the best but is the country that give us all.

I would like meet you in DRM drink a beer and tell you more about our beautiful Latin America.

I hope you can understand me, I'm learning English because I really like to know people like you and learn more about you guys.
Venusin
Desire Convert

We are from: Colombia
We arrive on: 13 Oct 2018

Postby gaviao » Mon May 10, 2021 10:47 am

This is not a political position please don't understand that,

Mine, IT IS a political position. In Mexico it was not a problem of lack of money, it was product of the irresponsability an lies of the Federal Government, the worst in 104 years!
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby Romeo&Julieta » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Unfortunately you are right our Mexican government is a shame. I just went to Dallas for business took advantage and got the second vaccine. But not everyone can do it...
Romeo&Julieta

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2021

Postby Cheers2US » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Oh I learned a lot from this thread. I feel very bad that so many hotel workers (and other essential workers) do not have access to the vaccine! I hope they can all be vaccinated as soon as possible.

I was at Desire Pearl in March and all of the staff, even the Playmakers, had masks on.

I was also at Temptation that week. The Playmakers there did not wear masks, but all the other staff did. I found that interesting.

Guests did not have masks on at either resort, except at check-in and check-out.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby gaviao » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:21 pm

There are good news!. With the recent visit of Kamala Harris to Mexico, US Goverment donated (as a proof of courtesy, I think) one million of Johnson & Johnosn vaccines (one dosage), destinated to tourism workers in Quintana Roo and some people of northern border (previously to re-open the land crossings). I know the interest of US is protect their citizens, but I applaud that decission. So, very soon, all hotels and restaurants staff in Cancun and Riviera Maya will be vaccinated.
gaviao
Desire Legend

Postby Vtcouple » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:37 pm

gaviao wrote:There are good news!. With the recent visit of Kamala Harris to Mexico, US Goverment donated (as a proof of courtesy, I think) one million of Johnson & Johnosn vaccines (one dosage), destinated to tourism workers in Quintana Roo and some people of northern border (previously to re-open the land crossings). I know the interest of US is protect their citizens, but I applaud that decission. So, very soon, all hotels and restaurants staff in Cancun and Riviera Maya will be vaccinated.
Great news!!!
Vtcouple
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby werfun » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:30 pm

That is great news. Lets hope that the government doesn't take the vaccine for their friends but use it where it is really needed. We believe that hotel/resort employees are just like front line workers. If the government wants to get things moving again they need to take care of the people that bring the tourist and their money in. As we all know it's not great interacting with someone wearing a face mask and gloves.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby WesleyButtercup » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:59 am

Venusin wrote:Unfortunately that's the reality in Latin american, our governments did not buy vaccines on time and we don't have money enough to buy a lot of vaccines like your country, in Latin American only are vaccined medical staff and older people.

People like me cannot be vaccined yet although I have high blood pressure, we cannot buy a vaccine it is not allowed in our country.

I think you are very lucky in this moment, if you already have been vaccinned.

This is not a political position please don't understand that, just this situation that exotic for you is normal for us. Don't feel bad please.

Even with this situation that happened in this part of the world, we love our country, is not the best but is the country that give us all.

I would like meet you in DRM drink a beer and tell you more about our beautiful Latin America.

I hope you can understand me, I'm learning English because I really like to know people like you and learn more about you guys.

Great job with the English! It is nice to see someone who loves and appreciates their country and their people, as you do. Unfortunately, many Americans don't realize how lucky we are to have a great country and many Americans complain and want something better without realizing the blessings we already enjoy in this wonderful country.

Your beautiful Latin America is just that! Beautiful. Thank you for your wonderful perspective and for looking for the good things about your world in Latin America. You are a good example to the rest of us in looking for the good. There are many grateful Americans and many of us realize how lucky we have it here in this wonderful and beautiful country.

Again, good job on the English and thank you for showing us what a grateful person is like.
Kasidie, SDC: buttercupwesley
DRM June 29 to July 5, 2023
WesleyButtercup
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya