Eyes Wide Shut Update

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Eyes Wide Shut Update

Postby cupl4fun109528 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:04 pm

It's been almost a year (Jul 2009) since the last update(s) to the Eyes Wide Shut night. We were wondering how things are running now? Spousal unit is a little unsure about her desire to "participate" until she has an idea of what to expect. Any help is appreciated.
cupl4fun109528

Postby tout.prest » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

I Don't know if the procedure for EWS will have changed now that the disco is all reno'd and updated, but during the last 2 times that we have been there for it (June 2009 and Dec 2009), it has been a complete letdown. For us personally, the whole thing is way too much of a turnoff than a turn on. It only lasts 10-15 Minutes (tops),nobody stays in costume, and is more comical than erotic. (Picture guys not being able to unknot their ladies cloaks and the frustration that ensues.. :roll: ...)

Were planning on going to Coco Bongo on the Wednesday that we are there this year (19 more Days! :D ), cause thats the one night at the disco,we can easily live without.

To play devils advocate though, we do know people that find it to be amazing ! I guess it all depends on personal taste.

Steve :wink:
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby tropez » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:24 pm

What's Congo bongo?
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby vablondie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:33 pm

We have been at Desire for three trips now that they have the eyes wide shut night. It pretty much sucks. I'm sorry but cloaks are not sexy and in July and August way to hot to wear them and masks.Plus the music is always rather odd that night. In August it was bad enough that a group of around 20 of us just skipped it and sat around the lobby bar then moved on to the pool (hey it was way to hot for the hot tub) along with our ipod sound dock and had our own party.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby tropez » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 am

Bummer on the Eyes Wide Shut night, maybe they should swap it out for something else as I haven't heard much good about it. That's the one night we will miss on our trip in June, which seems to be just fine per the latest reports. :)
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby it's all good! » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:29 pm

After witnessing the Eyes Wide Shut night on our last visit, we agree. It actually was quite disappointing. The cloaks are very heavy and hot, and the music seemed kinda weird and spooky ( I know that it is from the movie but in that environment in the disco it seemed uncomfortable). The people participating that night appeared to be somewhat confused and it was not very sexy at all. It just wasn't for us. My wife and I ended up on one of the back beds during most of it. If you want erotic, I can think of many other ways during your stay at Desire. Just an opinion.

Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya