MAGA crew and conservative Christians at DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

MAGA crew and conservative Christians at DRM

Postby Meadowlark2007 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:18 pm

When we visited DRM, we were surprised how many people were from red states with deep red-state/MAGA attitudes. A couple people said openly racist things around us assuming we'd agree. That was uncomfortable for sure. It took a bit to find more like-minded people who were more liberal/progressive in their attitudes in general. Is this typical of these resorts? And how do people square being deeply conservative/MAGA with being in the lifestyle? I'm genuinely curious. By the way, everyone we met was very friendly regardless.
Meadowlark2007

Re: MAGA crew and conservative Christians at DRM

Postby Orcowgirl » Sat May 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Your experience with "racism" is VERY unusual! We have been to both resorts repeatedly over the last 4 years (maybe 20x) and have NEVER heard or been apart of any racist comments at all! And maybe redefine your term "conservative" and why use MAGA with the term...yes, in our experience most are from red states, mmmm quick flights from FL and TX. That does not mean at all, that any of these people are racist....I assume you met one raciest person out of the :US 1000's that go to RM and Pearl.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby UsAndYou » Sat May 22, 2021 11:49 pm

10 plus trips to DP and I've never experienced anything like that. I also don't bring up much religion or politics when I'm there...
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

Postby ILikefun » Sun May 23, 2021 9:40 am

Meadowlark2007 wrote:When we visited DRM, we were surprised how many people were from red states with deep red-state/MAGA attitudes. A couple people said openly racist things around us assuming we'd agree. That was uncomfortable for sure. It took a bit to find more like-minded people who were more liberal/progressive in their attitudes in general. Is this typical of these resorts? And how do people square being deeply conservative/MAGA with being in the lifestyle? I'm genuinely curious. By the way, everyone we met was very friendly regardless.

First off that’s super weird to bring up politics or religion at the nudey resort.

Also a little weird that you are lumping MAGA and religious conservatism together like they are the same thing?

While we don’t identify with these things, and never condone racism, we don’t have to be of like minded beliefs with people to have a good time with them in the pool, have fun in the bedroom etc.
SDC: BootyandtheBeard
Kasidie: Bootyandthabeard
ILikefun
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby LuckySevens » Sun May 23, 2021 10:49 am

ILikefun wrote:First off that’s super weird to bring up politics or religion at the nudey resort.

we don’t have to be of like minded beliefs with people to have a good time with them in the pool, have fun in the bedroom etc.

100% all of this. My very favorite quote:

Politics ruins everything.
Everything is now political.
Everything is ruined.

Politics have infested every corner of everything and everywhere... please, please let Desire be free one safe space. Please.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya