How wild are the group weeks?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

How wild are the group weeks?

Postby jellyman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Hello, we are wanting to stay at Desire for the first time and we are not swingers. Would like to know if we should avoid group weeks. We are a little worried about it being to wild and crazy. Is it an all out orgy everywhere you go? We read this forum and have an idea about things, but would it be better to stay there when no groups are visiting? We just want to be able to enjoy all the areas of the resort and not feel out of place. My wife wants to be able to go the hot tub without having to squeeze in between 30 people. Do these groups just take over everything?
Any comments will be appriciated, Thanks
jellyman

Postby tropez » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Man, funk it. Book with a group. Just do it, no expecations, just have fun.

We did, we're not into the lifestyle, but we are going in June with Clubforeplay (C4P).

Do it.
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby Sands » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:14 pm

we discovered thru trial and error to def go to D. when there is a group there, otherwise it can be mighty quiet and you and your spouse or significant other make your own entertainment(as the only ones in the disco!)as we were years ago before everyone knew about he resort!
Sands
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2015

Postby landedesire » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

My husband and I have gone 2 times and we have not booked with a group, but depending on how long you stay, you will ususally overlap with some type of group. Both of our experiences have been busy and from what I have heard from others you will probably NOT be the only ones around like years ago. Desire has caught on quite well, lol!!! and no matter when you choose to go, you should always end up meeting up with some very nice folks. Just go with the flow and go when it fits your schedule and pocketbook!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Group takeovers

Postby wrn2fn » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:36 am

This year will be our 7th trip to Desire and we have overlapped and been there when no groups are there. And to be quite honest with you all We like it better with no groups there. Much more personal and ALOT MORE FUN Not saying that the groups were bad,but some were just a little bit more obnoxious then others. We have been there when C4P have been there, Texas Swingers Group and SDC Group and a few others so they all vary, not going to say which were bad and which were good. They were just not to our liking lol.

We have always met alot of GREAT people there on our own and we travel w them every year in June at the same time and even have met up during the year for quick travel

to each their own Just do it and see for your self BUT do not judge all groups by one

Jo and Steve

Yahoo June Group
wrn2fn

Re: How wild are the group weeks?

Postby mfay » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 pm

jellyman wrote: Is it an all out orgy everywhere you go?

The answer to that question is pretty much no- regardless of the group !
First timers often have that impression beforehand but it's almost never the case. You'll understand when you get there.
But the rest of your question is harder to answer because each group is different, and there a whole lot of them. We have enjoyed Desire trips without being with a group, but all our best trips have been with groups.
Mostly just because the groups we go with are all about people enjoying getting to know people and making some of the best friends we have ever had. That is usually a much slower process without a group, but certainly possible.
Anyway, we do believe that for the best Desire experience you should go with a group, but check it out first with people who are part of it or have been there with them. Again, each one is different.
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby jellyman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks for all the input.
we are going in Oct. and will overlap into the (week 43) group. So will
experience some of both worlds.
Can't wait to see whats it's like!!!!!!
Don and Kathy
jellyman

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:39 am

We have gone both with other groups and when there were no groups....the situation all depends on the people. Some groups can be WAY over the top and obnoxious and act as if they are the only ones at the resort....some other groups were very fun, down to earth and went out of there way to be friendly and include non members. I guess it all depends on whic groups are there. If you are looking to "explore" your sexual boundaries, I would say you would have a better chance to do this if a group is there.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby DoubleTrouble » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Jellyman! We are part of the week 43 Group and it's a GREAT group of people. The couples within the group seem to have a varied range of comfort levels ........some are swimgers, some are not. But ALL are friendly respectful, FUN, sexy,and wonderful people to be around. Hardly over powering.........unless you are talking of the laughter level.......because there is NEVER a shortage of THAT! This group loves to have laugh! You will also find the group very welcoming. Check out the group on Yahoo........its great to make some contacts/friends before you go! Welcome !
Gary and Lynda
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

Postby jellyman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:18 pm

DoubleTrouble! What is the average age of folks in your group? Also do you get together at Desire every year? Thanks
jellyman

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:25 am

Been to Desire for 2 great trips with 3rd coming up. Both prior trips (and this) were end of July to beginning of August. Both trips had overlapping groups and the scene could be quite wild :shock: That said, you can really participate or stay on the fringes once you get the hang of their schedules. Jacuzzi and play room are generally the only "sanctioned" play areas. The jacuzzi would have 4 - 6 people at times and 30-40 at other times. The degree of wildness varied accordingly. The beach is also usually quiet if the pool is too active. Don't feel you would ever get the "in your face" feel from Desire :D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:17 pm

jellyman wrote:DoubleTrouble! What is the average age of folks in your group? Also do you get together at Desire every year? Thanks

I can answer this for DoubleTrouble - she'll end up punching me in the shoulder in October for answering for her, but I'll give it a go (I can just hear her telling me to STFU).

My wife and I are part of the group, we are 35&42. The bulk of the group I would say are between 40-50. Last year we had a few folks in the 35-40 year old range but can't comment if they are returning.

It is a yearly group that travels on Week43 of the year, the attendees change, but a core group returns year after year.

Without trying to discourage you the hot tub is a very popular place to be later in the afternoon through to dinner. In our 7 trips it is common to have to 'squeeze' through folks, regardless if there is a big group there or not. Its just the culture of the resort. Regardless of what group is in the resort I don't think you would ever feel that you couldn't use any part of the resort, if you are social, open minded and friendly, you will be right at home.

Its a good group of fun people and you can find more info including directions to the yahoo group at http://www.desireweek43.com/Home.html .

Hope this helps.
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby tropez » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 am

"common to have to 'squeeze' through folk"

That can't be all bad. :)
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:15 pm

tropez wrote:"common to have to 'squeeze' through folk"

That can't be all bad. :)