Theme Outfits

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Theme Outfits

Postby OhioCouple11 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:00 am

So part of the fun of planning this first trip has been shopping for and picking out theme outfits. I can’t remember being more excited for a vacation in my life and we don’t get there until 9/20. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at which outfits my wife has picked, and how risqué she’s willing to get. This is way out of our normal comfort zone, but that’s why we’re both so excited I think.

Question: how involved and risqué do folks generally get at these nightly events? Wifey is just a little concerned we’re going to go all out a few nights and look stupid because no one else will be dressed up or she’ll have the most revealing outfit on. Is it safe to assume less is more for theme nights in terms of coverage?
OhioCouple11
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Sep 2021

Re: Theme Outfits

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:16 am

I can pretty much guarantee that someone will be wearing something more revealing. And a large percentage of the guest do participate. Go for it!

The bonus is that a great or revealing outfit is an easy conversation starter or dance floor opener.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby OhioCouple11 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:45 am

texascouple1208 wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that someone will be wearing something more revealing. And a large percentage of the guest do participate. Go for it!

The bonus is that a great or revealing outfit is an easy conversation starter or dance floor opener.

Great News, although if these outfits go as planned, I don't know if we'll make it to the disco without a quick stop in a dark corner somewhere.. haha The other question is heels... anyone have any experience wearing high heels around the resort? Is this doable without a huge risk of slipping?
OhioCouple11
Desire Fan

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Heels are definitely a challenge (male half speaking from observation), but doable. I recommend using the back/outdoor stairs entrance to the disco for that reason. The spiral staircase in the lobby is more challenging. I'd suggest taking them off entirely for the jacuzzi stairs. Also, watch out around the lobby bar as it is on a raised step that is easy to miss.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby OhioCouple11 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:24 pm

texascouple1208 wrote:Heels are definitely a challenge (male half speaking from observation), but doable. I recommend using the back/outdoor stairs entrance to the disco for that reason. The spiral staircase in the lobby is more challenging. I'd suggest taking them off entirely for the jacuzzi stairs. Also, watch out around the lobby bar as it is on a raised step that is easy to miss.

Thanks I’ll pass along the info. I assume bare feet is ok most places for the ladies?
OhioCouple11
Desire Fan

Postby randtcanucks2 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:49 am

Heels... While they look fab, on our first trip to pearl near the bar we saw a lady hit the floor so hard and crack her head we thought she was dead. Think between heels, drinks, slippery tile....and everyone having fun.....very easy to have a serious accident. There was a doctor guest who helped her and we didnt see much of her after that. Kind of a buzz kill at the time as it was bad. She was seriously injured. My mrs, does not wear heals for most of the time at pearl. Just messing around it can happen so easily and between questionable health care, and you trying to have a very fun trip....dont think its worth the effort

Ymmv. Cheers
randtcanucks2
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby OhioCouple11 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Hey @randtcanucks2 thats a great point... cost benefit analysis of heels probably doesn't make sense... (unless its for in room activities)
OhioCouple11
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya