COVID chances

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

COVID chances

Postby pwnyxpr3ss » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:33 pm

What is the resort like right now for chances of getting covid for fully vaccinated people? My wife and I just got married last week and have had our honeymoon booked for 6 nights since March and are super excited; we fly out tomorrow and come back next week sometime. She is a little nervous about catching COVId while down there and not being able to fly back home to the US for 10 days if that happens. So just curious what people’s experience there has been the last few months and even the last few weeks. Thanks!
pwnyxpr3ss

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: COVID chances

Postby Powderfinger » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:42 am

RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby randtcanucks2 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:13 am

When you are there, or on your return...kindly post some feedback. We are up for end of sept at pearl. Had our shots, cant wait to go but...the idea of catching anything or one of us testing positive and being locked there for potentially weeks and the work, kids and even costs...would be total nightmare. We not against some risk, nor are we worried about the virus...the testing positive at return date is the concern.

Would love to hear more feedback from those that are on site, or returning soon. I am no fan of CNN etc, but it does seem numbers are climbing so a bit worried.
randtcanucks2
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Sep 2020

Postby RJOC » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:54 pm

I personally don't know how to answer this question - it all depends upon how much risk "you" take and how long, close and how much you socialize with others. It also depends upon who is vaccinated, who is not, and who is lying about it.

Nobody can give you an answer that should make you feel comfortable - that is all on you!
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Justskin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:08 am

pwnyxpr3ss wrote:What is the resort like right now for chances of getting covid for fully vaccinated people? My wife and I just got married last week and have had our honeymoon booked for 6 nights since March and are super excited; we fly out tomorrow and come back next week sometime. She is a little nervous about catching COVId while down there and not being able to fly back home to the US for 10 days if that happens. So just curious what people’s experience there has been the last few months and even the last few weeks. Thanks!

Let us know what you decided to do, hoping that if you went you are having a fantastic honeymoon trip, Desire is the best place on Earth!
Unfortunate that this forum doesn't reflect more shared experiences on the situation down there over the last few months, especially given the immense cost and inconvenience of quarantine, but it is what it is.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019

Postby nuru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 am

We checked out of Desire 1 week ago, following a 20 night stay. In my opinion there is plenty of positive COVID cases in the resort. There were 1 or 2 positive cases a day being flagged, on more than one occasion we heard of someone being hooked at the pool and taken back to their room. But for Americans taking the LFT test, if you are only going for 4/5 nights I don’t think u have much to worry about. You will be taking the test after only being there a few days so even if you had caught it by then it won’t show yet on a LFT test which isn’t very sensitive. I know of 3 couples from our trip that had symptoms after returning home.

Certainly wouldn’t stop us from going
kik - moatben

DRM July 19
DRM Feb 20
DRM Mar July Dec 21
DRM Jan July Dec 22
DRM Jan Apr July Aug Nov Dec 23
DRM July Aug Dec 24
nuru
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 14 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby Justskin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:08 am

pwnyxpr3ss wrote:What is the resort like right now for chances of getting covid for fully vaccinated people? My wife and I just got married last week and have had our honeymoon booked for 6 nights since March and are super excited; we fly out tomorrow and come back next week sometime. She is a little nervous about catching COVId while down there and not being able to fly back home to the US for 10 days if that happens. So just curious what people’s experience there has been the last few months and even the last few weeks. Thanks!

Please let us know how things went for you guys on the trip, if you went......
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Postby genethoi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:50 pm

I think it depends on how engaging you plan to be. I just got the results of my PCR test after returning home Friday night and I was negative again. But my husband and I mostly kept to ourselves. Not always, but mostly. I felt we were at most risk on the planes to and from to be honest.
genethoi
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2023

Postby marklu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Both of us tested positive on the 4th day here and we are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.
marklu
Desire Devotee

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Aug 2021

Postby Justskin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:31 am

marklu wrote:Both of us tested positive on the 4th day here and we are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.

That really bites, sorry you guys are dealing with that.

Are you quarantined there? How long was your trip for?... it looks like you're from Mexico, that should make departure easier?
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Postby marklu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:53 pm

Justskin wrote:
marklu wrote:Both of us tested positive on the 4th day here and we are fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.

Are you quarantined there? How long was your trip for?... it looks like you're from Mexico, that should make departure easier?

We left the resort the following day to an Airbnb in Cancun. DRM is giving us a voucher for the four days we had left and yes it will be easier to fly because we don’t need to take a test to fly domestic.
marklu
Desire Devotee

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Aug 2021

Postby Justskin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:45 pm

marklu wrote:
Justskin wrote:

We left the resort the following day to an Airbnb in Cancun. DRM is giving us a voucher for the four days we had left and yes it will be easier to fly because we don’t need to take a test to fly domestic.

T/y for update, hoping you guys have a mild or asymptomatic response.
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Postby Justskin » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:33 pm

Have never understood folks and these started-then-abandoned threads.

SMH....
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

Postby RJOC » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:55 am

Justskin wrote:Have never understood folks and these started-then-abandoned threads.

SMH....

And the question is completely ridiculous as well...
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya