What's with all the clothed people !

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: What's with all the clothed people !

Postby canuck63 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:50 am

Interestingly enough, in 18 trips to Desire, the only time we experienced a crowd where most people stayed clothed was at the start of an SDC takeover. In our opinion, that was the most ignorant and self centered crowd we have ever experienced at Desire. They would stand around pointing fingers at anyone slightly over weight and make ignorant comments, mock people and parade around all day in full swimsuits without talking to anyone other then "their group". We dealt with 2 full days of this then were scheduled to leave, thank god, we couldn't wait to get out of there that time. They totally changed the vibe of the place. That was several years ago and the only time we ever experienced a majority of clothed people.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am

canuck63 wrote:Interestingly enough, in 18 trips to Desire, the only time we experienced a crowd where most people stayed clothed was at the start of an SDC takeover. In our opinion, that was the most ignorant and self centered crowd we have ever experienced at Desire. They would stand around pointing fingers at anyone slightly over weight and make ignorant comments, mock people and parade around all day in full swimsuits without talking to anyone other then "their group". We dealt with 2 full days of this then were scheduled to leave, thank god, we couldn't wait to get out of there that time. They totally changed the vibe of the place. That was several years ago and the only time we ever experienced a majority of clothed people.

We've heard similar things about the past SDC takeovers. I think SDC has moved on and shifted their takeovers to the new Haven resort up the coast, so no worries about running into that crowd again. I kind of expect that Haven does not allow them to have nudity, but I could be wrong. Maybe "topless only" kind of thing. Not something we are likely to check out.

We would be interested in going during a takeover by a group that was all LS but without the SDC-type crowd, if such a thing exists, but it seems like takeovers have become less common, particularly as the resorts have been in such high demand lately.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby mickjaggeroo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:41 am

We’re here right now. Hate to say it but the OP is spot on with the cigar/drug dealers. Three of them are patrolling up and down the beach constantly. They ask if you want a hat or cigar then tell you they have “stronger” stuff too. A polite no thank you and they move on but are back shortly. The problem is that is very difficult to go from Desire to the Breathless property due to the mound of seaweed they are building. There is nothing in the other side they can get to either so the only property for them to patrol is desire. And yes, they have no problem waking up to the steps leading to the pool and will even sit on the wall and talk to security. Again, sorry to say it but the OP is right.

As for naked people, it’s about 75% naked or topless. No gawkers, just a lot of fun people. I’m curious if the OP isn’t a gawker as he is demanding that people be naked. Is it so he can watch? Of course it is, we are hear to enjoy each other’s beauty. And no avatar? How about a pic so we can enjoy you as well?

I’ll try to post a review later but I think DRM might be in trouble. There is no beach or beach beds. Only seaweed piled up everywhere. People won’t want to come here without a nice beach. We won’t. Without it, it’s just a pool party and that will change the vibe and the clientele. It’ll become 50 year olds reliving their Animal House glory years-also known as Hedo. It’ll lose its classy vibe and sexy atmosphere. It’s a shame, the employees work so hard but are facing so many headwinds that they can’t control.
Greeneyesforu on sls
mickjaggeroo
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby gaviao » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:52 pm

The problem is that is very difficult to go from Desire to the Breathless property due to the mound of seaweed they are building.

Sad to know that you can't ride from Breathless to Desire. Last January we had many visits from Breathless guests, who chose to make their walk on the beach to just beyond Desire and return, with the inevitable gawking that this activity entails.
Every time we came across a "Breathlesian", my girlfriend and I (fully naked, as is usual with us) would tell them that they had chosen the wrong hotel and of course, they would laugh and agree with us.
5 Mexican girls flat out opted to take their party in front of the beach bar (at that time under reconstruction), where they spent two full afternoons drinking and dancing topless. With one of them we had a very funny story, but I am moving away from the topic of that post.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby CK92620 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:46 pm

CokeMann wrote:Hey CK92620 - let's back this up for a moment

And the final one from you "all the drug dealers constantly bothering you all day"

This is just laughable - dosen't happen on the Desire property - period, full stop

Please take your next vacation at Hedo where you will find everything you complained about ;)

But , but @cokemann said this never happens at Desire, FULL STOP ! :lol:
CK92620
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 25 Nov 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby CK92620 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:48 pm

mickjaggeroo wrote:We’re here right now. Hate to say it but the OP is spot on with the cigar/drug dealers. Three of them are patrolling up and down the beach constantly. They ask if you want a hat or cigar then tell you they have “stronger” stuff too. A polite no thank you and they move on but are back shortly. The problem is that is very difficult to go from Desire to the Breathless property due to the mound of seaweed they are building. There is nothing in the other side they can get to either so the only property for them to patrol is desire. And yes, they have no problem waking up to the steps leading to the pool and will even sit on the wall and talk to security. Again, sorry to say it but the OP is right.

As for naked people, it’s about 75% naked or topless. No gawkers, just a lot of fun people. I’m curious if the OP isn’t a gawker as he is demanding that people be naked. Is it so he can watch? Of course it is, we are hear to enjoy each other’s beauty. And no avatar? How about a pic so we can enjoy you as well?

I’ll try to post a review later but I think DRM might be in trouble. There is no beach or beach beds. Only seaweed piled up everywhere. People won’t want to come here without a nice beach. We won’t. Without it, it’s just a pool party and that will change the vibe and the clientele. It’ll become 50 year olds reliving their Animal House glory years-also known as Hedo. It’ll lose its classy vibe and sexy atmosphere. It’s a shame, the employees work so hard but are facing so many headwinds that they can’t control.

Hey only three, you lucked out, we had five and they were incessantly bothering my S/O where one afternoon we left the beach.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby mickjaggeroo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:45 pm

More bad news on this topic. As I sit here typing, somebody in a room right next to the pool is burning one off, probably third one today. It a single desire resort staff even blinks an eye when they walk by the room. Also saw somebody buy some this morning on the beach. Hedo has arrived.

Big mistake in my opinion.
Greeneyesforu on sls
mickjaggeroo
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CK92620 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 am

mickjaggeroo wrote:More bad news on this topic. As I sit here typing, somebody in a room right next to the pool is burning one off, probably third one today. It a single desire resort staff even blinks an eye when they walk by the room. Also saw somebody buy some this morning on the beach. Hedo has arrived.

Big mistake in my opinion.

Exactly the point of my statement about someone stepping up and developing a high end lifestyle resort. If anyone thinks Desire is high end , well I feel sorry for you. It might be "high end" in comparing lifestyle/clothing optional resorts, but the bar is set pretty low there (HEDO).

Again, according to @cokemann "this never happens on a desire property , period , full stop". Notice @cokemann has been a ghost since all the others starting affirming what I stated and he flat out called me a liar. Not sure anyone would think you have to make this up, like we wanted our vacation to be constantly interrupted by drug dealers and looky loos.

Oh well, we already booked at Hidden Beach, going to give them a try and see what its like. Can't really be worse and we hear the beach is more private and less seaweed. Guess we will see.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:55 am

CK...great, so happy to see you've decided to move on. Quite childish that every post since Coke's reply you have to bring up the hard stop comment.

Like Coke, we have been visiting Desire since the mid 2000's and have not really run into the cigar vendors, even end of July didn't see them. But then again we are pool people and occasionally visit CC's bar. Anyway, not been our experience, nor do we feel Desire is high end.......but we go for the sexy vibe.

Adios, enjoy HBR!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby CK92620 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:12 am

eddieandjojo wrote:CK...great, so happy to see you've decided to move on. Quite childish that every post since Coke's reply you have to bring up the hard stop comment.

Like Coke, we have been visiting Desire since the mid 2000's and have not really run into the cigar vendors, even end of July didn't see them. But then again we are pool people and occasionally visit CC's bar. Anyway, not been our experience, nor do we feel Desire is high end.......but we go for the sexy vibe.

Adios, enjoy HBR!

Whats really childish is calling someone a liar because they don't like the comment. At least be a man and admit , ok there is clearly a problem going on down there if all these people are now commenting about this, "full stop, period, doesn't happen at a Desire property". :D :lol:

I find it impossible to believe you did not see this in July, the same drug dealers from November 2020 visit where there in August/Sept 2021 visit, plus a few new ones. This is not a new issue here.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby werfun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:18 pm

OK CK you have made your point about your feelings for Desire so get a freaking ladder and get over it. You say Desire is just a step above Hedo and neither is high end. Well that is just your view and you are saying that you are going to Hidden Beach next time. Please do and you will see the only difference is that HB is nude all the time.Yo keep saying why doesn't someone open a high end lifestyle resort. Well go to it, get backing and try to start a resort and you will find that it is not easy. We have had several friends that tried to do just that and ending up giving the idea up because of problems. You don't seem to like the Desire guest or the venders on the beach so do those of us that do like Desire a big favor and go else on your next trip.I'm sure that you will not find to many vistors that will want to talk to you a second time with your outlook. Just our view as we go to enjoy the resort even if some people are wearing clothes. Good luck in finding your perfect resort.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby CK92620 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:30 pm

werfun wrote:OK CK you have made your point about your feelings for Desire so get a freaking ladder and get over it. You say Desire is just a step above Hedo and neither is high end. Well that is just your view and you are saying that you are going to Hidden Beach next time. Please do and you will see the only difference is that HB is nude all the time.Yo keep saying why doesn't someone open a high end lifestyle resort. Well go to it, get backing and try to start a resort and you will find that it is not easy. We have had several friends that tried to do just that and ending up giving the idea up because of problems. You don't seem to like the Desire guest or the venders on the beach so do those of us that do like Desire a big favor and go else on your next trip.I'm sure that you will not find to many vistors that will want to talk to you a second time with your outlook. Just our view as we go to enjoy the resort even if some people are wearing clothes. Good luck in finding your perfect resort.

Are your feelings hurt because now four other people have posted about the drug dealers which now swarm DRM ? Funny how you simply speak the truth and people get all bent out of shape. Nothing I have said is inaccurate, you just do not like the facts that are posted. Confirmed facts by others as well, you know "doesn't happen at a Desire property, period . Full Stop" LOL LOL LOL @cokemann

I am rather sure HBR does not have the drug dealer problem as its rather remote and the seaweed issue does not affect that far south. The seaweed I am confident of,the drug dealers at HBR guess we shall see. I now appreciate the drug dealers from Hedo , at least the know not to go past the water line and if they do Hedo security is all over them. In addition , they ask once and leave you alone and never approach the beach beds or linger about, Hedo weed man has some respect, a respectable drug dealer ! Clearly the DRM drug dealers can take a lesson from the respectful Hedo drug dealers.

The plain fact is, DRM is being over run with them and as another posted stated, they are getting more aggressive walking up to the pool area. It's annoying and I know 100 percent I am not the only person who feels this way.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby RJOC » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:40 pm

werfun wrote:OK CK you have made your point about your feelings for Desire so get a freaking ladder and get over it. You say Desire is just a step above Hedo and neither is high end. Well that is just your view and you are saying that you are going to Hidden Beach next time. Please do and you will see the only difference is that HB is nude all the time.Yo keep saying why doesn't someone open a high end lifestyle resort. Well go to it, get backing and try to start a resort and you will find that it is not easy. We have had several friends that tried to do just that and ending up giving the idea up because of problems. You don't seem to like the Desire guest or the venders on the beach so do those of us that do like Desire a big favor and go else on your next trip.I'm sure that you will not find to many vistors that will want to talk to you a second time with your outlook. Just our view as we go to enjoy the resort even if some people are wearing clothes. Good luck in finding your perfect resort.

:L :L
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby gaviao » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:29 pm

In Spanish we have a saying that says: "neither so much that it burns the saint, nor so little that it does not illuminate him."
I think this conversation is taking this turn: just extremes without seeking a balanced judgment.
I don't understand why CK is so upset with Desire and disqualifies everything.

Oh well, we already booked at Hidden Beach, going to give them a try and see what its like. Can't really be worse and we hear the beach is more private and less seaweed. Guess we will see.

Good luck in HBR. You will realize that they are not as "high end" as they claim to be; that their "all inclusive gourmet" is limited and somewhat boring. That the vibe is very different from DR. (We as Latinos feel somewhat displaced).
They do not have a SPA, but instead use the one in El Dorado (adjacent hotel), which is magnificent, but totally vanilla, except on Sunday afternoons, which is nudist.
You will see that their "disco nights" are quite innocent compared to DR's.
Of course, you can enjoy, as I did, 96 continuous hours without putting on a square inch of fabric.
In my hometown a lady used to say: "everyone's tastes are very respectable", and she ate her snot.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby nokidclub » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:32 pm

We just got back from 6 nights at Pearl. I have seen the drug peddlers before, but they weren’t there this time. Not sure why. There were signs all over the resort saying they have a zero tolerance policy for drugs. Don’t know whether it’s enforced though. I just know that we’re just fine without the drugs.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya