What's with all the clothed people !

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What's with all the clothed people !

Postby CK92620 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:14 am

Hi all, spent three days at DRM, won't be back. I really don't understand the crowd at Desire. I am not exaggerating , but about 80 percent of the crowd was FULLY CLOTHED. My S/O commented at one point " I actually feel out of place being nude".

Overall, really disappointed the crowd Desire is attracting now, we tried DRM once in November and also a mediocre experience, but chalked it up to 30 percent capacity and not a lot of people traveling.

Desire really should consider mandating an area full nude like Hedo does.

When is a nudist / lifestyle friendly resort operator going to step up and make a high end resort for this niche market ? I know it would do very well and likely always be sold out.

Oh well, back to Hedo.
CK92620
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 25 Nov 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: What's with all the clothed people !

Postby desireaddict » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:11 pm

We've never seen that on any of our Desire trips (well over 2 dozen and counting). In fact, I think it's always the opposite of the OP's experience. Usually 80% of guests are all nekkid (and ladies at least topless). But, not sure why anyone really cares. Does it really affect your experience if you didn't get to see my "junk" all day long?
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:24 pm

desireaddict wrote:We've never seen that on any of our Desire trips (well over 2 dozen and counting). In fact, I think it's always the opposite of the OP's experience. Usually 80% of guests are all nekkid (and ladies at least topless). But, not sure why anyone really cares. Does it really affect your experience if you didn't get to see my "junk" all day long?

:L
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby cplusoh » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:
desireaddict wrote:We've never seen that on any of our Desire trips (well over 2 dozen and counting). In fact, I think it's always the opposite of the OP's experience. Usually 80% of guests are all nekkid (and ladies at least topless). But, not sure why anyone really cares. Does it really affect your experience if you didn't get to see my "junk" all day long?

:L

for us it was 50-50 had a great trip will visit again
cplusoh

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2021

Postby werfun » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:30 pm

To be honest we never pay attention to the number of guests that are nude because we are having to good of a time with the sexy people there. It doesn't matter if they are wearing suits or are nude.
werfun
Desire Legend

Re: What’s with all the clothes people? September 2021 visit

Postby texascouple1208 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Aside from all the clothes, can you describe the crowd generally otherwise? Were you there during a takeover by accident or something? We've never been there when it had that kind of ratio before of clothed to not.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby twosome » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:48 pm

We were there the first of august. To a certain extent I’m going to agree with the original poster. Not 80 percent, but I do believe there were more people wearing clothes this trip than any of our previous 10-12 trips.
twosome
Desire Devotee

Postby CK92620 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Honestly , a bunch of old men sitting around in bathing suits trying to catch a peek at the younger women, this is what it felt like

We have been to hedo 7 times and never once did we have the ick factor like we had. Seriously
It was a little creepy. Then add in all the drug dealers constantly bothering you all day and just not a great experience.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:19 pm

Hey CK92620 - let's back this up for a moment

Desire, since it opened in 2003, has had two policies that set it apart from most other resorts - Clothing Optional and Lifestyle Friendly

So assuming that you did actually go to Desire recently, your bitch is with all the other guests that made a choice on how clothing optional they wanted to be at any given moment ??

That would be equivalent to a non Lifestyle couple (knowing that Desire was Lifestyle Friendly) complaining that their visit was ruined because Lifestyle activity was happening on the property .....

Next up on your fantasy list of complaints "a bunch of old men sitting around in bathing suits trying to catch a peek at the younger women"
LOL - do guys look at the ladies, sure - do the ladies look at the guys(and the other ladies) sure - but if you polled the 29,000 members of this forum the main response of a similar scenario has always resulted in all of the ladies indicating how safe and respected the have felt at Desire

And the final one from you "all the drug dealers constantly bothering you all day"

This is just laughable - dosen't happen on the Desire property - period, full stop

Please take your next vacation at Hedo where you will find everything you complained about ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby No_Regrets » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:46 am

CokeMann wrote:Hey CK92620 - let's back this up for a moment

Desire, since it opened in 2003, has had two policies that set it apart from most other resorts - Clothing Optional and Lifestyle Friendly

So assuming that you did actually go to Desire recently, your bitch is with all the other guests that made a choice on how clothing optional they wanted to be at any given moment ??

That would be equivalent to a non Lifestyle couple (knowing that Desire was Lifestyle Friendly) complaining that their visit was ruined because Lifestyle activity was happening on the property .....

Next up on your fantasy list of complaints "a bunch of old men sitting around in bathing suits trying to catch a peek at the younger women"
LOL - do guys look at the ladies, sure - do the ladies look at the guys(and the other ladies) sure - but if you polled the 29,000 members of this forum the main response of a similar scenario has always resulted in all of the ladies indicating how safe and respected the have felt at Desire

And the final one from you "all the drug dealers constantly bothering you all day"

This is just laughable - dosen't happen on the Desire property - period, full stop

Please take your next vacation at Hedo where you will find everything you complained about ;)

Cokemann- Thanks for calling this poster out, especially since our selves and others tried to do the same thing to this poster in another thread and watched the tread get locked.
No_Regrets
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 29 Apr 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:21 am

No_Regrets wrote:
CokeMann wrote:And the final one from you "all the drug dealers constantly bothering you all day"

Cokemann- Thanks for calling this poster out, especially since our selves and others tried to do the same thing to this poster in another thread and watched the tread get locked.

Agreed, 35 trips and have never seen this sort of activity. Quite the opposite actually as I've seen them enforce the no drugs policy.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby SusanAndDavid » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:37 am

CK92620 wrote:
When is a nudist / lifestyle friendly resort operator going to step up and make a high end resort for this niche market ? I know it would do very well and likely always be sold out.

You literally just described Desire without the express stipulation of full nudity, which is way different, and dare I say, classier than mandated rules.
KIK: DocHoliday660
RM- May 18-25, 2004
SusanAndDavid
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 May 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby CK92620 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:08 pm

That’s hysterical , there were 5 “cigar sellers” on the beach constantly harassing people. Funny when I said no thanks the first time then it went to “I have cocaine too”. If you deny this happening you’re just delusional or lying. They were swarming the resort and walked up to the glass of the restaurant holding up their “cigar” boxes.

Granted hedo has the “weed man” , same guy been there for years , but he asks once and leave you alone and is not permitted past the waterline on the beach. Anyone who has been to hedo knows who the “weed man” , but again never approaches the resort and doesn’t incessantly Harass people

If anyone thinks desire is a high end resort , I feel sorry for you. The rooms are old and run down , food is mediocre. Hedo is just as mediocre food and room wise. I hope someone steps up their game and opens a proper high end lifestyle resort. SDC hosts take over weeks at five star resorts , but they are just takeover weeks , not full time lifestyle resort.

We stayed at the Haven Rivera before going to desire , that’s a five star resort.
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby CK92620 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Lol if I actually stayed there , please , like I have a reason to make this up. Stayed in deluxe ocean room 2215, room 2214 currently under remodel with no door on it just a sheet. My room had the new rfid door lock which was incorporated into your bracelet. Feel free to verify with someone there now.

Comical who the desire fanboys can’t take criticism and think people have to make things up
CK92620
Desire Fan

Postby RJOC » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:42 pm

:L :L :L :L :L
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya