Sunscreen and the more "sensitive" areas..

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Sunscreen and the more "sensitive" areas...

Postby anneag » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Do you just use regular sunscreen on the areas that aren't usually exposed to any sunlight? I'm talking the nether regions of both males and females :roll: :oops:
anneag
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 pm

If you have never had any sun exposure in these areas SPF 50 and repeat often - btw - if you shave these areas I suggest waiting a day after shaving before trying any type of sunscreen down there.

Most sunscreens can take up to 72hrs after first application to reach their rated SPF - what this means is that you should begin applying the sunscreen a couple of days before your first exposure to the sun
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Powderfinger » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 am

.....also, you may want to do a "test" application prior to your trip....let's just say that trying a different/new brand of sunscreen during your trip may have a not-so-desired effect on said nether regions.....soooooo you may not want to discover that lying by the pool.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tropez » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:35 am

Good tips by Coke, I never really thought about how long it takes to reach rated SPF. I wonder if that still works through trips to the hot tub/pool/ocean.
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

tropez wrote:Good tips by Coke, I never really thought about how long it takes to reach rated SPF. I wonder if that still works through trips to the hot tub/pool/ocean.

Obviously you have to keep reapplying

Did you ever notice how many people get bad burns on their first day of vacation even though they used sunscreen ?

SPF is built up by a reaction between the sunscreen lotion chemicals and your skin, which takes a certain amount of time to happen. Those that don't have a good base tan and just rub on the sunscreen on their "virgin" skin the first day at the resort are likely to be very sore that evening........
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya