Passion Suite - worth it?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Passion Suite - worth it?

Postby swedes » Sat May 01, 2010 11:14 am

We're a couple from Sweden, 37 & 39, we'll be there in July, and this will be our first trip. We've been married for 15 years and have never done anything like this before. We have no idea what will happen, if anything - we're open to everything, but have no idea what's right for us, I guess we'll just have to turn up and find out :).

Anyway, getting to my question: We are pretty well off these days, but I grew up poor and I hate to waste money :). In your opinion, are the passion suites worth the extra cost?
swedes

Postby CokeMann » Sat May 01, 2010 1:52 pm

This is just my opinion but we have done 16 trips to Desire with the 17th coming up next week.

Our feeling is that in general we spend so very little time in the actual room (other than to sleep - yes really, sleep! ) that we prefer to use any extra dollars to stay at Desire for a few extra days rather that waste the money on a room upgrade.

The counterpoint to this is that we have had friends that gotten a Passion Suite in previous trips and because of the larger size it was a great place for a small group of us to go and party comfortably.

I know this is not a definitive answer for you. Since this will be your first visit to Desire and depending on how long you are going to be there, you could always book a Passion Suite for just part of your stay to see if the difference is worth it to you.....
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby vablondie » Sun May 02, 2010 10:40 am

We have been to Desire 7 times and have stayed in all the different room types and have either stayed in our played in most all of the buildings. In our opinion the passion suite is not worth the money, the premium is just too high. You really don't spend much time in your room. Another downside is they have very little space to put anything away, which is odd for how big the rooms are. If you want a jacuzzi there are a few rooms that have them that aren't passion suites. We stayed in one for a night and never did use the jacuzzi, glad we were only in it as it was available so thats where they put us for a night and didn't pay extra for it. The bottom floor of the small 4 room buildings have a love seat, sofa and coffee table if you want room to socialize. However they have little closet or drawer space as well. The bottom floor ocean front rooms of the building with the hot tub above it are very very nice rooms, with the nicest bathrooms. They have the seating porch area in front of the rooms which is nice especially if its rainy. We didn't find it noisy on that floor anyway, you can hear the hot tub but it sounds more like a faint white noise humming not loud or disturbing at all. If you like to sleep in late though the service cart noise starts outside your room at around 6am. If you are looking for peace and quiet the back corner building, I believe its building 23 we have found is the quietest.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Sun May 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Last fall was our 7th trip and we opted for a passion suite - our answer is - not worth it.
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby sensualcnds » Sun May 02, 2010 5:39 pm

If it wasn't for having a great post-swine-flu discount on the Passion Suites, and needing a back-up place to host events for our group, I would also have to agree - not worth it. We never used the jacuzzi in the room, and were barely in there. The only plus was breakfast on the balcony most mornings.
K
sensualcnds
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya