Average age and best time for 20-40 yr olds?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Average age and best time for 20-40 yr olds?

Postby NLHottie » Mon May 03, 2010 6:30 pm

We are a Canadian cpl, new to the lifestlye, considering our first Desire vacation in spring/summer 2011. We are early 30's and although we enjoy partying with any ages, when it comes to play we prefer to stay close to our own age, about 20-40 yr olds. We are hearing that the avg age at Desire may be in the 50's and that concerns us a little. Is there a better time to plan a vacation to strike a good group with lots of 20-40 yr olds? Appreciate any advice.

xox
NLHottie

Postby vablondie » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

You won't find many couples in their 20s. Our experience has been that groups can swing the average age greatly both younger and older.
We are in our mid 30s and while I have to confess to preferring older men as playmates ( what can I say they tend to know what they are doing and take their time doing it) we have found that most people at Desire regardless of age know how to party. I will say that generally speaking couples in their 50s are usually the most fun as they tend to be pretty drama free and have life pretty well figured out.
If you are concerned about finding couples that you potentially are interested in playing with I'd recommend checking out the travel sections of any Lifestyle sites you are on to see who will be going any given week. Once you pick a week I'd shoot all that line up with your preferences a quick email saying hi and introducing yourselves. It's a great ice breaker when you get there. Sometimes you can even get to know others a bit before you get down there.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby miranda » Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Maybe you could look into Temptations. Seems to attract a younger clientele and those looking to party.

We saw only one 'group' of couples fitting your age requirements and I think they met while there (about 4 couples) - they were quite "young" (comparatively) so they seemed to attract each other.

By the end of the week, some of the couples seemed to have "had enough" of one couple in particular and opted to spend the rest of their week on their own.

Good call, from our perspective.

Great info from vablondie! :D
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby swedes » Tue May 04, 2010 12:03 am

I'm not sure if there's a pattern you can rely on or not, but in the "Arriving" section here you can see when people will be turning up, and many people have posted their ages there. If a particular month looks interesting, you can see if there's a Yahoo group for that month, and if so, then in the Yahoo group you can see everyone's ages + photos. We're going in mid-July, and in our Yahoo group there are 8 couples in their mid to late 30s (us included) and 2 couples in their 20s. Of course there will also be tons of people there who haven't registered in the Yahoo group. Good luck!

C from Sweden
swedes

Postby Sawyer » Wed May 05, 2010 2:56 pm

I had posed a similar question about a month or so back. I'm afraid there isn't much response out there. There is a Yahoo group that caters to the younger crowd. "Gen X" I believe. They have a pretty rigorous application process that I never bothered to go through. We hooked up with the YNOTS for Sept 2010. So far everyone in this group seems like lots of fun, we are looking forward to joining them. That said I'm pretty sure we will be youngest there. Everything said above is true about partying with the "experienced elite". Such less drama and hey you might learn a new trick or two.
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon May 10, 2010 8:04 am

From time to time there are "takeovers" and they are posted on the Desire website. Some groups tend to be a bit younger than others and there certainly are a mixture of very fun to laid back couples. We've met some very attractive 40+ and 50+ yr old couples that are in amazing shapes and LOVE to party. So, go with an open mind and enjoy yourselves.

We will be going the last weekend in July/early August and the APG group will be there at the tail end of our trip. We stayed at the resort in 2006 and this group happened to be there....boy what a great time! Very fun, energetic, attractive bunch!!!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby freescuba » Mon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm

We've gone in both late December and March time frames multiple times. I would not recommend late December (Christmas time) if you are looking for a younger crowd. Both times we were there as Christmas approached the crowd got older and unfortunately they didn't participate much.

In March both times there were younger and more fun groups to party with.

I'm using 50 to be the breaking point on older vs younger and should also say that I don't really care about age so much as how you act.

No matter your age this is a place to have fun and participate. Standing around the disco gawking is lame. And yes in our experience this was more likely to be done by the older guests.

All that said I should also say that we try to avoid anyone in their 20's (we're late 30's). People under 30 generally don't appear to know how to have fun.
freescuba
Desire Convert

Postby anksewv » Thu May 27, 2010 10:01 pm

We're in our late 40's and an old expression comes to mind, "It's not how many miles thats on the car, but what it has under the hood". We would have to say that the older we get, the more fun we have, especially at Desire.
We are anksewv on SLS and AFF. Hope to hear from you
anksewv
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS AFF

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya