Nude cruise worth it?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Nude cruise worth it?

Postby 2beautifulstrangers » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:56 pm

Curious if anyone has done the nude catamaran cruise, if it was worth it, what the boat is like (is there any shade), and a general review of it. Also, I don’t see prices anywhere. But I’m guessing it’s extra.
RM: 1/22, 5/22, 12/22, 11/23, 3/24
Pearl: 3/23, 3/24
2beautifulstrangers
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jan 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Swinglifestyle

Re: Nude cruise worth it?

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:22 am

Like anything it really depends on who you go with. It is a fairly big boat and has a cabin you can go in. I don't remember if it is air-conditioned or not. The last time we went it was in January and it was very windy and cool that day. The seas were pretty rough. There were 8 couples on the boat and 6 got seasick. My wife and I were the only ones that snorkeled. The snorkeling has potential, but the amount of trash in the water was very disturbing. The guy that took us around the reef was swimming around just picking up trash the whole time. Plus we missed out on an afternoon at the pool and hot tub time.

Overall if the weather was great, the seas were calm and you had the right group of people I think it could be really fun. However, I don't think we will be doing it again.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby desireaddict » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:45 am

I'd spend the money for another day at Desire.
JMHO
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby gaviao » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:15 pm

If you want to have a very fun catamaran cruise, everybody from topless to naked, daring games, sexual activities, around a hundred people, go to Boobs Cruise, which departs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday besides Temptation Resort. You will not regreat, I guarantee!
Probably the only bad point is lunch time in Isla Mujeres (around 90 minutes), where you need to be dressed and the quality of food is just OK.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby nokidclub » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:04 pm

gaviao wrote:If you want to have a very fun catamaran cruise, everybody from topless to naked, daring games, sexual activities, around a hundred people, go to Boobs Cruise, which departs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday besides Temptation Resort. You will not regreat, I guarantee!
Probably the only bad point is lunch time in Isla Mujeres (around 90 minutes), where you need to be dressed and the quality of food is just OK.

+1 to this! Boobz Cruise is the best boat ride ever!
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby SJCrazy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 pm

It's never worked out for us to do the Boobs Cruise, but we've been on the Desire catamaran a few times. Like others have said, the crowd is highly variable and determines your experience. One time we did it in July and the sun was so brutal, no amount of sunscreen could protect you; we'll never do that in the summer again.

If you do it towards the beginning of your trip, it usually helps break the ice and make some friends. If approaching new friends at Desire is tough for you, I'd recommend it to help out.

SInce it leaves from Pearl, you functionally get a free day pass to the other resort. We make a point of doing it on the days that Pearl has the foam party, as then we get 2 foam parties in the week and if we ever get tired of what's going on at Pearl we know we can just hop in a cab and be back at DRM really fast. One time we stayed at Pearl for dinner/disco after the cruise.
SJCrazy on Kasidie
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby RJOC » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:31 pm

SJCrazy wrote:SInce it leaves from Pearl, you functionally get a free day pass to the other resort. We make a point of doing it on the days that Pearl has the foam party, as then we get 2 foam parties in the week and if we ever get tired of what's going on at Pearl we know we can just hop in a cab and be back at DRM really fast. One time we stayed at Pearl for dinner/disco after the cruise.

:L :L
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby Lkncouple » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:12 am

When we went, they picked us up at RM.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Bruce&Pam » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:56 pm

We've been on it 5 times, but not lately. We had 2 good trips and 3 bad ones. The bad ones were about rough seas on windy days, or the fellow guests weren't cooperative. On one, we were the only ones naked on the boat. It seems to depend on how nice a day you get and who ends up going with you. But the 2 good times were REALLY GOOD! We haven't been in a few years, because it seems to be a crap shoot and hanging out at the hot tub is a sure thing.

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby Josh_Julia » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:46 am

Bruce&Pam wrote:We've been on it 5 times, but not lately. We had 2 good trips and 3 bad ones. The bad ones were about rough seas on windy days, or the fellow guests weren't cooperative. On one, we were the only ones naked on the boat. It seems to depend on how nice a day you get and who ends up going with you. But the 2 good times were REALLY GOOD! We haven't been in a few years, because it seems to be a crap shoot and hanging out at the hot tub is a sure thing.

---Bruce

I've heard the same from others we've chatted with. Seems the best is to try and make sure the weather is good, so maybe not book too far out, but is it possible to book the night or just a few days before going? Then also try and book as a group or at least know a few of the couples that will also be going.
Also, we haven't seen anyone post the cost and isn't on the website either. Has the cost been pretty much the same for all your trips? given some increase for inflation.
Josh_Julia
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 12 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby STAMSSMT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:44 pm

We went once when staying at Pearl, though waited to book until we were rather assure the sea would be calm. Fortunately, that was true and it was nice going along the coast.

There were a lot of 30s age couples and we are older. We were almost the only ones naked, however that did not slow us down. We went to the stern of the boat and enjoyed an intimate time together and can assure you we were the only ones that did.

Just one of our very fond memories
STAMSSMT
Desire Lover

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024

Postby Bruce&Pam » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:35 pm

STAMSSMT wrote:We went once when staying at Pearl, though waited to book until we were rather assure the sea would be calm. Fortunately, that was true and it was nice going along the coast.

There were a lot of 30s age couples and we are older. We were almost the only ones naked, however that did not slow us down. We went to the stern of the boat and enjoyed an intimate time together and can assure you we were the only ones that did.

Just one of our very fond memories

I wish we had been on YOUR boat!

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya