This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Mimma&Mando » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Hello all DRM enthusiasts!

I apologize if this was asked somewhere. I tried to search however didn't find anything recent.
We are newbies that are going for our first time to DRM end of March into beginning of April. Nerves are high and I realize that marijuana is legal in Mexico as of June however, I am curious if there is an easy way to partake at the resort.
We feel that it relaxes us and as newbies we are hoping maybe the anxiety and hesitance would be left behind somewhat. I appreciate any feedback, just curious if it's frowned upon, if it's easy to obtain, if it's not suggested while in Mexico etc...

This forum is great! Thanks in advance!!
Mimma&Mando

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Mar 2022

Re: 420

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:08 pm

Both the Desire properties as well as all the other resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya do have a strict no drugs policy.

This policy and enforcing it is what allows the resorts to continue operating without political/police and criminal cartel pressures.

The policy is very simple - If you are found "using drugs" (including weed) on the resort property, you will be promptly ejected from the resort property, you and your partners vacation is over, no refunds, no options.

This is the current policy for all resorts. I have personally witnessed the results of this policy. If you choose to challenge/test this policy it's on your head.

All the resorts value their ability to stay in business without political/police and criminal cartel pressure more than the loss of a single customer/guest.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Re: 420

Postby Mimma&Mando » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:12 pm

CokeMann wrote:Both the Desire properties as well as all the other resorts in Cancun and Riviera Maya do have a strict no drugs policy.

This policy and enforcing it is what allows the resorts to continue operating without political/police and criminal cartel pressures.

The policy is very simple - If you are found "using drugs" (including weed) on the resort property, you will be promptly ejected from the resort property, you and your partners vacation is over, no refunds, no options.

This is the current policy for all resorts. I have personally witnessed the results of this policy. If you choose to challenge/test this policy it's on your head.

All the resorts value their ability to stay in business without political/police and criminal cartel pressure more than the loss of a single customer/guest.

Understood. Thanks for the feedback and advice!
Mimma&Mando

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Mar 2022

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya