What time does theme night start?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What time does theme night start?

Postby Jey » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Tried searching but theme night or theme is too common. Wondering as we have plans off resort one night but might be back in time if it’s late enough.
Jey

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 0- 6-2017

Re: What time does theme night start?

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:16 pm

The times for the nightly entertainment are posted on the activity board each day. In general, the musical performance or entertainment show is somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 each night. That's where you'll find the majority of the guests dressed in theme. Once the show is over, then everyone heads to the disco for dancing or playroom antics or retreats to the hot tub.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
TTR 6/24
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 09 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby Jey » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:15 am

Thank you, appreciate the response.
Jey

We arrive on: 0- 6-2017

Postby Lkncouple » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 pm

It always seemed crazy to me that people get dressed to go to dinner, then go get dressed for theme night. They should encourage people to go to dinner in their theme nights outfits.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Re: What time does theme night start? (how to stay up?)

Postby GandJadventure » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:33 am

...and as a follow-up, what are some tips for shifting your sleep routine to be able to stay up so late for so many nights?

I'm sure a lot of us have day jobs and are really used to a middle aged 10-6 sleeping schedule.

If the disco starts at 10:30, and dancing and playing goes till 1:00 (or later?), how do you not be a zombie every morning?

We are planning our first trip for early this summer 8)
GandJadventure

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jun 2022

Postby Sasifynyou » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:30 pm

GandJadventure wrote:...and as a follow-up, what are some tips for shifting your sleep routine to be able to stay up so late for so many nights?

I'm sure a lot of us have day jobs and are really used to a middle aged 10-6 sleeping schedule.

If the disco starts at 10:30, and dancing and playing goes till 1:00 (or later?), how do you not be a zombie every morning?

We have been a few times, my hubby does not drink at all and is a early early work man, like 3-4 am. It tends to be hard for him the first night or so. Lots of naps and try and sleep in helps, not missing much in the mornings around the resort. We like to spend most of the day lazing around and napping to prepare for the night ahead. By 3 pm is when we start to begin to pep up and energize for the nights events. We tried taking a night off while there, never ever works the nights are just so much fun. This time we booked a couple days at a different resort, so he might be able to get on "schedule" pre heading to pearl. Coming home, take an extra day off so you can sleep to rejuvenate after the glorious trip. Have fun!
Sasifynyou

We arrive on: 30 Dec 2013

Postby Lkncouple » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:59 am

GandJadventure wrote:...and as a follow-up, what are some tips for shifting your sleep routine to be able to stay up so late for so many nights?

We are usually in bed by 1-2 I tend to be an early riser, my wife likes to sleep late. I usually get up around 8 (6-7 hours of sleep), walk over to the pool get a couple of chairs or beds, then come back to bed until 10.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby jahppycple » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:34 pm

We nap from 6-8 then eat dinner at 8:30. Get to the bar as the shows are ending. The shows have become redundant after many trips. We prefer mingling and dancing.The nap gets us through the late nights.
jahppycple
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya