Weather

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Weather

Postby Dandy » Thu May 13, 2010 7:57 am

I know it is considered 'rainy' season. Can anyone there now or has been recently inform us if the rains are prolonged or if they just arrive for short durations during the day. The long term shows showers for a lot of our trip. Pleeeease....make it stop!
Dandy

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Thu May 13, 2010 10:48 am

Dandy,
Now is not considered the "rainy season".....June - October is typically the wet/rainy/hurricane season. The weather patterns all over north America have been screwed up this year!
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby vablondie » Thu May 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Lets see, we have been to Desire in Jan, Feb, May, July, August, and November. Each trip there was forecasted thunderstorms or rain almost every day. Every single time it has rained briefly (if at all) we are talking half hour to an hour per day. Some days it did rain after 3 or 4am for a bit. The only exception to this was the trip we took the first week of November one year. It rained or drizzled for 3 days straight, was cold and no sun.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby tannaked » Thu May 13, 2010 3:59 pm

For the true weather the best resource I've found is www.traveltreasures.com/webcam. It is a live colour webcam refreshed every minute that looks over the town square towards the water in Puerto Morelos. You can see the weather live for yourself.

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby tout.prest » Thu May 13, 2010 7:31 pm

We just got home on Sunday and I can happily report we did not see one rain drop over the 9 day period we we there, HOWEVER....... everyone told us that the week prior to our arrival had TERRIBLE weather and extremely high winds (all you had to do was look at the beach, or lack thereof, to see proof) with so much rain that the roads into the resort were actually flooded over and the crocodiles were floating into new areas. :roll:

I agree also to not worry about it too much. The weather seems to be screwed up everywhere you look. You will still be at DESIRE after all ......How bad could it possibly be ?? :wink:

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby nicenycpl » Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 am

tout.prest wrote:We just got home on Sunday and I can happily report we did not see one rain drop over the 9 day period we we there, HOWEVER....... everyone told us that the week prior to our arrival had TERRIBLE weather and extremely high winds (all you had to do was look at the beach, or lack thereof, to see proof) with so much rain that the roads into the resort were actually flooded over and the crocodiles were floating into new areas. :roll:

I agree also to not worry about it too much. The weather seems to be screwed up everywhere you look. You will still be at DESIRE after all ......How bad could it possibly be ?? :wink:

Steve

Hey Steve,

So your back now for more than 12 hours - this officialy makes your Trip Report PAST DUE!!!! :lol: :lol: (and that weather report doesnt count!)

Sorry we missed you guys again - but if you are really jonesing for a fix around August ......... :P
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA

Postby tout.prest » Mon May 17, 2010 10:20 am

nicenycpl wrote:
Hey Steve,

So your back now for more than 12 hours - this officialy makes your Trip Report PAST DUE!!!! :lol: :lol: (and that weather report doesnt count!)

Sorry we missed you guys again - but if you are really jonesing for a fix around August ......... :P

So what exactly is the penalty for being late ? ha ha . :lol:

I will try to sit down and come up with some sort of "trip summary" tonight. I would actually like to get my wife to write it so you get a different perspective than mine but we'll see... :?

We have actually decided that we want to try some new times of year to visit so..... August you say huh ? hmmmmm. :D Its totally bumming me out that I don't have a current countdown on my computer !

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Rusty » Sun May 23, 2010 2:54 am

On the rain front issue I've found transparent rain coats work wonders... but you want the type where the pockets are just holes through to the in side.
Rusty :AUS
Rusty
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 01 Oct 2022

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya