Quick Trip - Spa experiences that are worth it?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Quick Trip - Spa experiences that are worth it?

Postby srv93 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:24 am

My wife and I will be coming to DRM for the first time next week for a very short stint. We aren’t brand new, as we went to Pearl last year, but definitely still feel new or “green.” I’m very excited that this time we get to experience a Pool Party and also get to celebrate St Patty’s with our clothes off :)

Last trip, there were a few experiences/spa services we had been interested in checking out, but once we got wrapped up in the environment that is Desire and started meeting people, we quickly realized we just wouldn’t have enough time to get much of anything else in if we wanted to really have the full “desire” experience. Now that we’re on our second trip, I’m debating booking something for the two of us, although considering our even shorter trip this time, it would really need to be a worthwhile experience.

So, that said, are there any spa treatments, experiences, etc. That you think “newcomers” MUST try once? Or should I just forget about it and focus on having fun with some new friends? What was your experience with the spa as a whole?

Also, if anyone happens to be going the same time as us, feel free to drop us a message!
srv93

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Re: Quick Trip - Spa experiences that are worth it?

Postby wwpc » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:28 am

I would say the erotic massage, after many stays we had never had one. I think we both felt odd never having one since everyone you meet has.

We won one on NYE at Pearl and immediately booked it the next morning.

It will be something we upgrade our included massage each trip now.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby Gold17 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:13 pm

If you really want to try something new once, then yes, the erotic massage. Everything else you can likely do in your hometown or most other resorts. You can read a lot of reviews. The vast majority are very positive. However, yes, some persons say that it was not worth the money or they would prefer to give and receive from other friends or guests. That is fine. Everyone is different. If you are okay with the cost, then I say go for it. You may love it (we did). Perhaps, you will not, but then check it off. Of course they offer more typical massages, facials, etc. If that sounds relaxing, do it. If and when we return someday, then I would definitely want us to book an erotic massage again, but I may try a “normal” massage as well. I would suggest considering booking late morning but before lunch if you want to sleep in but not take away from the afternoon poolside fun.
DRM June 2017
DRM June 2018
DRM March 2019
Gold17
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Mar 2019

Postby RJOC » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:29 pm

We would say no to the Erotic Massage - why pay for something that you can enlist the help of others at Desire in a fair exchange?

Additionally, it's just not worth the money - we were disappointed and won't do it again.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya