The Art of Conversation!

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

The Art of Conversation!

Postby fun4us » Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Apologies for what may seem like a really dumb question, but as we're gearing up for our first visit to Desire's, 'what the hey'! I'm just curious as to (in general) how and when conversations turn from regular 'getting-to-know-you 'chit chat' around the pool or hot tub, to the more specific topic regarding involvement in the lifestyle, etc. Do those types of conversations actually take place, or is it more along the lines that things simply evolve as and when the day goes by and with the amount of alcohol that is consumed? Like I say, probably a dumb question, but looking forward to seeing what the feedback is.
fun4us
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Cafe Desire

Postby tropez » Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 am

I might suggest joining a site that's more just for lifestyler's, I'm sure they run into that often even at regular lifestyle events. The group we are going with --even though we aren't into the lifestyle- is at www.c4p.com. This question will get a ton of responses there i'm sure.
tropez
Desire Fan

Re: The Art of Conversation!

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 am

fun4us wrote: how and when conversations turn from regular 'getting-to-know-you 'chit chat' around the pool or hot tub, to the more specific topic regarding involvement in the lifestyle

It really depends on a ton of interpersonal dynamics amongst those involved, just like any other social situation.

fun4us wrote:Do those types of conversations actually take place, or is it more along the lines that things simply evolve

See answer above. It will really depend on the situation. Just approach the resort as you would any other social interaction. Most friendships and connections made at the resort (in our opinion) are organic. There is no way to generalize and answer your questions with a Yes/No.
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm

The ever popular "so, what brings you guys here" line can open up lines of communication.
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Cali_desire_cpl wrote:The ever popular "so, what brings you guys here" line can open up lines of communication.

In 7 trips, I'd assume we've heard this no less than 75 times. I think we can close this thread. :o
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada

Postby landedesire » Wed May 19, 2010 10:13 am

Hi fun4us,

This topic has been spoken about many times on this site with lots of info / thoughts given. Search lifestyle or something similar and see what comes up :)

With that said, my husband and I (who are both very personable and chatty) found most of the people we met at Desire to be amazing...open, friendly, down to earth and before you know it you can be discussing quite personal things :oops: and it all feels natural and easy!!!! And, you also find out pretty quickly if the couple(s) you are chatting with are open to others or just there to be with each other. It's all good, no matter the reason you are at Desire.

Like we have said many times, at Desire you can talk about things with other people that you ususally just think about in your head at vanilla outings :lol:
landedesire
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Art of conversation (response)

Postby A2Couple » Wed May 19, 2010 1:45 pm

When we went for our first time in July 2009, we noticed most people quickly asked, "Are you in the lifestyle?" At the time we answered (honestly), "We don't know." For our second trip in July 2010, we can answer in the affirmative!
A2Couple

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya