Lots of questions in no particular order

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Lots of questions in no particular order

Postby ninaandfrank » Fri May 13, 2022 10:49 pm

Hi all, the Passion suite is reserved, the Jet Blue plane tickets are booked and we have even started collecting some items for theme nights. We have many questions before departing for Desire RM this Fall and would appreciate any insight.

1. We booked a Passion suite and I think it said airport transportation is included. Is this true and how do we go abut arranging this?
2. I haven’t been to Mexico in decades. What kind of electrical plugs does DRM have in the guest rooms? Are they the same as U.S. double prong 110v or do I need a converter?
3. From my understanding outside of the glass doors behind the lobby there is a “lobby bar” area. Are we allowed to go nude in this area and is this where the pizza is served?
4. Speaking of the Pizza. I grew up in New York and live in Boston so I take Pizza seriously. How is the pizza. What times of the day is it available? Can we take it back to our Guest suite and can our butler bring us some?
5. What hours is room service available and where can we find the room service menu?
6. Is the balcony/patio area in the Passion suites large enough to dine on and are there chairs/tables?
7. Which building is the roof top hot tub area on and what are the hours?
8. We both like to listen to audio books on our phones. If we put a piece of tape over the cameras can we use them to read books on in the beach or pool areas?
9. Are there customs forms that we need to fill out prior to getting to Mexico or can we fill these out when we get there?
10. One of our favorite activities is to snuggle up together and instead of just touching each other we like to touch ourselves. Besides our guest suite and the sin room is there any place day or night where we can masturbate together/?
11. Besides the closet in the Passion Suite is there any drawers or dresser drawers to store clothes or will it be a lot of living out of the suitcase for a wekk?
12. Is there a list or description of the grounds and where are all of the restrooms?
13. Nina doesn’t drink alcohol because of a possible interaction with one of her meds. Other than diet soda is there anything interesting for her to drink? Maybe fruit punches or tropical juices?
14. Where do folks get together for theme nights, in the lobby bar or up in the disco?
15. Due to her retina condition Nina needs to wear sun glasses in the sun. Is there any reason why this wouldn’t be allowed?
16. For my fellow middle aged men, do you use sun block on that little helicopter landing pad forming on the top of our heads or will a comb-over suffice?
17. Nina likes to collect refrigerator magnets or something specific from every vacation spot we hit. Is there anything interesting in the gift shop to take home?

Wow, that is a lot for now and I thank everyone in advance for any answers and options on the topics above.

Frank & Nina
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Lots of questions in no particular order

Postby NewbyMDCouple » Sat May 14, 2022 11:53 am

I'll answer the ones I can
2 same plugs as US
3 we didn't see nude people in the lobby but as soon as you walk out of the glass doors people were nude; yes they were nude at the lobby bar which is actually outside of the lobby. not sure why they call it the lobby bar
4 The pizza was decent, nothing great. At 0200-0300 when you're leaving the tub and have been drinking all day it definitely hits the spot. I think they started pizza around 11 at the lobby bar.
7 if you look at google photos satellite view you can see the tub; sometimes I look at it on google maps just to bring back the memories
8 people had phones/ipads at the pool/beach, I didn't look close enough to see if they had tape on them but they were definitely there
9 there were forms leaving mexico, I don't remember any custom forms going in. if you search in this forum there is a whole thread with links to the forms; that was a time saver on the way back
10 beach beds/pool beds/hot tub beds/play room - I've read that it's frowned up to fool around at the beach/pool area but people were definitely doing it.
12 https://www.desire-experience.com/resorts/desire-riviera-maya-resort/virtual-tour/ they have a virtual tour/photos of the grounds; The resort map on these forums http://desiremexico.com/img/DesireForum ... oomMap.jpg If I remember correctly they had restrooms next to the lobby bar and up at the hot tub
13 yes they had a variety of non-alcoholic drinks, made to order coffee drinks etc
14 lobby, then the party moves up to the disco, then to the hot tub
15 no
16 I'd probably wear a hat, the sun down there was extremely intense. I was using a tanning bed for 2+ months prior to our trip and I still go red the first day; there were dudes down there wearing a hat/sunglasses and not much else
17 I just realized this would have been an awesome thing to bring back, we got a magnet at the airport but if they have desire magnets I'll definitely get one next time we go down

Good Luck! Have an awesome time
NewbyMDCouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 May 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kaside SDC

Postby BashfulDesires » Sun May 15, 2022 5:39 pm

1) If transportation is included, as every booking is different due to the special at the time, about 30-days out they will send you an email which you can fill out
3) You can be nude at the lobby bar, although you will most likely be the only ones. We've wandered over from the beach to grab a drink nude but not hung out there.
4) The pizza is not high quality, "poco de queso por favor" might be useful.
6) There will be a small table and two chairs on your patio
7) Hot tub formally opens at 3pm as that is when a bartender staffs it. Closes at 3am. Here is a resort map http://desiremexico.com/img/DesireForumsRivieraMayaRoomMap.jpg
8 ) No one will care if you read with your tablet, using a dot sticker is common courtesy.
9) Forms will be provided on the plane you arrive on, bring a pen, Mexico immigration/customs will give you a slip of paper to bring back on your departure. Don't lose it!
10) You do you, but laying back on a beach or pool bed just stroking it will definitely cause folks to give you an adverse reaction. Self awareness is key, and there is a time & place for everything.
11) We bring extra hangers, those dry-cleaner thin metal ones - shirts, pants, tshirts, and dresses get hung. There are a few small drawers that will fit your undies, socks, trunks and other items
12) Restrooms: Near the pool/restaurants, hot tub, lobby bar area, disco
13) They will happily make you non-alcoholic blender drinks in addition to various sodas and juices (margarita, daiquiri, pina colada).
14) Theme nights begin around 8pm in the lobby bar area with most arriving around 9-10pm. Once the entertainment is finished, people migrate to the Disco, Hot tub, head to bed, or hang at the lobby bar. The resort posts a weekly events calendar with times.
15) Everyone is in sunglasses
16) Wear a hat or use some spray sunscreen - do both!
BashfulDesires
Desire Lover

Postby gaviao » Mon May 16, 2022 1:09 pm

My colaboration. Have the best of the trips!

3. From my understanding outside of the glass doors behind the lobby there is a “lobby bar” area. Are we allowed to go nude in this area and is this where the pizza is served?
A: Absolutely allowed. My girlfriend and I use to go there early for a coffee, naked, as well as for a drink in the afternoon. Actually all the hotel is clothing optional, except the restaurants.

4. Speaking of the Pizza. I grew up in New York and live in Boston so I take Pizza seriously. How is the pizza. What times of the day is it available? Can we take it back to our Guest suite and can our butler bring us some?
A: Do not have high expectatives. But it’s available 24/7

8. We both like to listen to audio books on our phones. If we put a piece of tape over the cameras can we use them to read books on in the beach or pool areas?
A: It is assumed that an adhesive is necessary on the camera lenses of mobile phones and tablets. But on the last two occasions no one asked us to do it or provided us with these. But I am sure that 99% of the guests respect the privacy of others.

10. One of our favorite activities is to snuggle up together and instead of just touching each other we like to touch ourselves. Besides our guest suite and the sin room is there any place day or night where we can masturbate together/?
During January and August, everywhere you want, but restaurants. The other 10 months, just in the Jacuzzi Lounge; although we’ve witnessed some discreet PDA’s around the pool.

11. Besides the closet in the Passion Suite is there any drawers or dresser drawers to store clothes or will it be a lot of living out of the suitcase for a week?
A: In general, we have plenty of space, much more than required, to put the very few clothes we wear.

12. Is there a list or description of the grounds and where are all of the restrooms?
A: The resort is very small, at the end of the first day, you’ll know where is everyting.

13. Nina doesn’t drink alcohol because of a possible interaction with one of her meds. Other than diet soda is there anything interesting for her to drink? Maybe fruit punches or tropical juices?
A: Nina will not have a problem, there are plenty of non alcoholic beverages for her.

14. Where do folks get together for theme nights, in the lobby bar or up in the disco?
A: It is highly recommended to spend at least one hour (from 9:30 to 10:30 in the lobby bar area, to show off the theme night outfits). Once in the club, there is less space and less lighting to appreciate them.

15. Due to her retina condition Nina needs to wear sun glasses in the sun. Is there any reason why this wouldn’t be allowed?
A: The resort is not just Clothing Optional, but Sun Glasses optional. She may wear them or remain with her eyes naked. (Joking)
16. For my fellow middle aged men, do you use sun block on that little helicopter landing pad forming on the top of our heads or will a comb-over suffice?
A: My baldness problem is not very severe yet, but I do apply sunscreen on my each day wider forehead. I worry much more about protecting my penis, mainly my circumcised glans.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby 2New2MN » Mon May 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Re #10. Unless they’ve changed the rules, any type of PDA is acceptable on the beach at RM, 24/7. This is one of the reasons why we prefer RM vs Pearl.
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby ninaandfrank » Mon May 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Hi all, thanks to everyone for some great replies. Will certainly digest all of this new info. thanks again.

Frank
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya