Transportation bought through Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Transportation bought through Desire

Postby Powerswayerz » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:37 am

Good morning and 7 days to go til we arrive for our first trip!

From reading this forum, it looks like there are better options but we already (over)paid for a ride through Desire at time of booking. C’est la via.

Does anyone know when we will hear from Desire regarding details (where to meet, who to look for, etc)? I already did the early check in and shared flight info. I also emailed them to ask at that time, which was about a week ago, and did not get a response.

Thanks for the help!
Powerswayerz
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Re: Transportation bought through Desire

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:57 am

Powerswayerz wrote:Good morning and 7 days to go til we arrive for our first trip!

From reading this forum, it looks like there are better options but we already (over)paid for a ride through Desire at time of booking. C’est la via.

Does anyone know when we will hear from Desire regarding details (where to meet, who to look for, etc)? I already did the early check in and shared flight info. I also emailed them to ask at that time, which was about a week ago, and did not get a response.

Thanks for the help!

Here is some info right from USA Transfers, which is who they use for private transfers...

AFTER YOU LAND:
1.Clear immigration.
2. Get your bags.
3. Clear Customs.
4.VERY IMPORTANT: We are ONLY at the TOUR OPERATOR-HOTEL Shuttle exit terminal. Pass the sliding doors and find our USA TRANSFERS team. Never ever exit the last sliding door that reads “Family and Friends”.
IF LANDING IN TERMINAL #4:
Once you have your luggage follow the exit sign
1) Walk down the Car Rental hall, turn straight head
2) Cross the first set of sliding doors ‘Family and Friends” into the Vacation Club and Tourist information section, keep walking do NOT STOP.
3) Cross the Coco-Bongo door and identify and follow the big RED sign “EXIT TO ALL GROUND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AND TAXIS” Exit sliding doors on your left-hand side “ TOUR OPERATOR-HOTEL Shuttle”. and walk down the open hall. Locate our USA TRANSFERS...Our greeters are in USA TRANSFERS uniform & baseball cap. Once with our greeter they can call in your driver to the loading area. DO NOT be fooled by others at the airport. OTHERS WILL SAY, ‘Oh, they are not here! Use my cellphone and call them. I will dial for you!’ They of course call a friend pretended to be us. “They” or “OTHERS” are called pirates. We are ALWAYS there.

IF LOST or cannot find us: you must call us! At the bottom of your voucher there are multiple ways to reach us. Toll-free 800-987-2635 by using any LADATEL pay phone (no coins or cards needed). We have staff at the airport ALL DAY - they just might be assisting others. CALL US TOLL FREE!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Cheers2US » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:54 pm

I would contact the resort to confirm details. Looking at their booking site, it seems you'd have to look for the transportation personnel holding a sign with the Desire logo. It's very crowded outside the airport with dozens, hundreds of travelers trying to find their rides and dozens of workers holding up signs.

It looks like this:

Noting that this is your first trip, they should confirm the details with you. You don't want to be wandering around unfamiliar with the process. Sorry you overpaid!
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:40 pm

If this is your first trip to Mexico I suggest you read the post linked below

In addition, meeting up with USATransfers also depends on which terminal in Cancun that you will arrive at - the linked post will also help you that way

Traveling to Mexico info - all the technical details
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Powerswayerz » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:51 pm

Thank you all!

I followed up with another email, and will call if I don’t get a reply in the next couple days.
Powerswayerz
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya