Newbie Lifestyle Question

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Newbie Lifestyle Question

Postby EandK » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:05 pm

My partner and I will be coming to Desire Maya For the first time this coming December. We are not in the lifestyle but are both of the mind that we are open to meeting other couples and exploring if we feel like it’s a good fit all around. My question is are folks only interested in other folks who are part of the lifestyle? Or would they be open to people such as my partner and I? Thanks:)
EandK

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2022

Re: Newbie Lifestyle Question

Postby Cheers2US » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:08 pm

Hi,

Desire is not technically a lifestyle resort. It is more a lifestyle-friendly resort. This means there will probably be guests there who are IN the lifestyle (as in swingers/swappers) and others who are merely comfortable in the lifestyle atmosphere, folks who might like to watch or be watched, or flirt heavily and engage in sexy activity.

If you want to swing/swap, have an orgy, that's fine. If you want to stay solely with your partner and no one else is allowed in your circle, that's fine too. And everything else in between is totally fine. Nobody will force you to do anything you don't want to to do. Everyone is welcoming.

I think you both will have a great time. Just be open and honest with each other, keep an open mind, allow each other and yourselves to make mistakes but be forgiving about it.

Cheers,
Mrs. C

PS - if you are wondering, my husband and I still consider ourselves pretty vanilla, despite about 8 trips to Desire. We do love the atmosphere and we are comfortable being around others when we play.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby gaviao » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:14 pm

The answer from Cheers2US is near to perfection.
Is there anything else to add? Well, I would say that the preconceived ideas before the trip might (or might not) change at any given moment, depending on a circumstance, a couple you meet or simply a high-arousal situation.
If you go with an open mind, you will have an excellent vacation. Do not think that it is an "obligation" to perform some kind of swapping; For many years and many trips to Desire and other resorts, we never experienced any lifestyler situation beyond voyeurism and exhibitionism. But one day came... and things changed a bit.

Our best wishes!
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby TandD » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:32 pm

While the above replies are great and accurate, I don't think they answered your question

My question is are folks only interested in other folks who are part of the lifestyle? Or would they be open to people such as my partner and I? Thanks:)

Like anything - it depends. I would guess *most* lifestyle people would be happy to help newcomers dip their toes in the water and you should not feel bad or hesitant to engage with people if you think there might be a connection. If they are hard-core swingers who only want to hang with like people, they will let you know. But if you are to the point where you feel a connection and are considering some kind of interaction, you will certainly have gotten past any filter they may have. I wouldn't worry about it.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby EandK » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:23 pm

Thanks so much to all for your kind and thoughtful responses. Very much appreciated!
EandK

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2022

Postby Gunnert » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:43 am

You guys sound similar to us. Our first trip to Desire was in 2006. We were not in the Life Style. We talked about it and went with an open mind. Fast forward to June 2022, we just returned from our 16th Annual Desire Riviera Maya trip. We still just [talk] about the LS and have an open mind... We surprise people when they learn we've been going to Desire for so many years yet we don't "play". Every year we have a great time, meet new friends, renew acquaintances from previous trips, and continue to have a blast. I'm now 67, she is 56. Reservations are made for next years pilgrimage, May 30-Jun 4. Go, have fun, odds are if you're open minded enough to "try" Desire for the first time then you'll be back...

D&C
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya