Music at the disco

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Music at the disco

Postby mark » Sat May 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Is the music the same every night at the disco
mark

Postby tout.prest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:49 pm

The music does tend to be similar most every night. It does not ever seem to be "Theme" oriented.

When we were recently there, the music was TERRIBLE ( No Kidding - Kool and the gang and copacabana repeatedly) and from the 70's/early 80's . The group that was there at the time was a much older crowd and I do believe they were trying to cater to that group, but wow ! We would only get some decent modern music to dance to by requesting it. They did play alot of latin music later in the night, but not too many ( read....ME) know how to dance to that.

Some of the larger takeover groups do have alot of input into what the DJ plays that week.

Music, obviously, is very subjective. I never understand though why when a DJ sees a song CLEAR the dance floor one night, why the hell do they play it again the next night.....and the next night... and the next night ? :roll:

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Sharon and David » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

One of the only (or few) negative things we have to say about Desire. Love to play on the poles. Have to have music with a beat I understand. There has got to be something we can do about it.
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA

Postby PrincessandPilot » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Are they still playing "Shake That" by Eminem? I swear they played that 3 times a night. Still can't get it out of my head and we were there last September!
PrincessandPilot
Desire Fan

Music at the disco

Postby mark » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks for the info,can songs be requested.
mark

Postby Headstone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:32 pm

I wonder if they would play our music if we were to bring songs on a thumb drive or a home burnt cd?
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:11 pm

We bring CD's with songs we like. We give them to the Dj's and request the songs...they are real good about playing them....especially if you tell them it is a pole dance song for your lady :wink:
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby mfay » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Heh- I really like "Shake that" ! It's kind of become our Desire theme song................... It tends to run through my head all year round and remind me of Desire.
Maybe that does mean it's played too much ?
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby PrincessandPilot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 pm

I guess I really didn't mean that Shake That is played too much--or that we didn't like it. Yes, we consider it the Desire theme song too. :wink:
PrincessandPilot
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 pm

We like the dance beat of the 70's and 80's. We are not into Rap, Techno crap, etc. And we're not into "Put a Ring On It" over and over and over!

Change it up a bit with songs from all era's. Fast and slow. Rock and dance stuff. Something for everyone!

It shouldn't matter if the age group seems a little "older", as long as there are people on the floor dancing, play it! As tout.prest says, if it clears the dance floor, take a hint and change the song!

We have never had our requests played and if so many of us are taking CD's and the like down for them to play, why are they playing the same stuff over and over? They must have a huge music library by now.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby njdesirecpl » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 am

I confess that the "Shake That" song often plays in my head throughout the year. I found myself humming the song once and actually had a co-worker ask me what song I was humming. I still laugh when I think about one!
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Postby hilight » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 pm

We didn't really enjoy the music either, but with several drinks we thought it was better. They played "I've got a feeling" every night, at first I was sick of it, but now every time we hear it, it reminds us of all the fun. That is our desires theme song.
hilight
Desire Convert

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya