Gym

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Gym

Postby nnteacher » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:51 pm

I know the correct answer is who cares lol. How is the gym at RM? The one at Pearl is sufficient. This is our first trip to RM after over 20 trips to Pearl.
nnteacher
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Mar 2020

Re: Gym

Postby ContentTwo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:56 pm

It’s decent for maintenance purposes. At least one adjustable incline bench. Dumbbells and fixed barbells up to 50. A handful of LifeFitness machines and a LifeFitness cable rack. Two or three treadmills and ellipticals each. Small station with yoga mats and medicine balls.

If your working sets are usually heavy, you can bump up the volume to compensate. But to be clear, there are no plates, bars, or racks. If you’re a power lifter, you will be disappointed.

If I’m on a program, I treat my RM week as a deload and maintenance week. Get in there to keep the blood moving; nothing more. Nobody gives a damn about PRs while you’re naked in the pool.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby youngmicouple » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:45 pm

We agree with Content and it is comparable to Pearl's gym. Let's face it between the food and the alcohol it's enough to minimize the damage the week does lol. If you are serious about the gym as much as it pains me to say leave the resort it is 100% worth leaving early in the morning to go to Tulum for a few hours and hit the jungle gym. Just remember to take like 5 outfits and change between exercises and it looks like you worked out there all week on Instagram.
Kik 15CamSS1LE
youngmicouple
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 Jan 2023

Postby ContentTwo » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:16 am

Slight correction / update: They now have a smith machine with another bench and a small rack of plates.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby nnteacher » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:37 pm

Thank you! We will be there the 15th
nnteacher
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Mar 2020

Postby 13sX » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:41 pm

youngmicouple wrote:We agree with Content and it is comparable to Pearl's gym. Let's face it between the food and the alcohol it's enough to minimize the damage the week does lol. If you are serious about the gym as much as it pains me to say leave the resort it is 100% worth leaving early in the morning to go to Tulum for a few hours and hit the jungle gym. Just remember to take like 5 outfits and change between exercises and it looks like you worked out there all week on Instagram.

That is a fantastic idea! What is the timeframe to to go to Tulum from RM?
13sxGW on KIK
13sX
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2023

Postby youngmicouple » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:05 pm

13sX wrote:
youngmicouple wrote:We agree with Content and it is comparable to Pearl's gym. Let's face it between the food and the alcohol it's enough to minimize the damage the week does lol. If you are serious about the gym as much as it pains me to say leave the resort it is 100% worth leaving early in the morning to go to Tulum for a few hours and hit the jungle gym. Just remember to take like 5 outfits and change between exercises and it looks like you worked out there all week on Instagram.

That is a fantastic idea! What is the timeframe to to go to Tulum from RM?

It's a little over an hour maybe 90 min depending on traffic and your driver.
Kik 15CamSS1LE
youngmicouple
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2023

Postby MachineWorks » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:14 pm

We really want to try out the jungle gym, but just can't commit to leaving the resort once we are there.

The RM gym is just right there and so convenient... it's part of the morning routine for us to get the blood moving. Hit the gym, shower, get breakfast and then lounge. I know nothing really goes on the in the mornings at Desire, but to put clothes on and leave just seems like it's too much trouble.

Maybe we need a second vacation just to go down to Tulum and work out.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Aug 2020

Postby SCbarber » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:09 am

Really, if you are going to do the same activities you do at home, why go on vacation? It really is so funny hearing some complain about the gym, or the beach, if that's all you want there are much cheaper places to go to.
SLS- PandE4U
SDC- RNBARBER
KIK- Barber_in_SC
SCbarber
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 02 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:56 am

My $.02, unless you are a hardcore bodybuilder who's in the last few weeks of competition mode, the gym at RM and Pearl are plenty good enough for a decent workout. Is it a full gym with every piece of equipment you'll need....no, but it sure as hell is enough to work out any part of your body whilst on vacation! Need a run or fast paced walk, yes there are treadmills but you also have miles of beautiful ocean front on the sand (better resistance anyway). Want good core exercises, yep they've got equipment for that too but try alternative core stuff like doing it in the pool or ocean!? Anyway, my point is they have equipment to maintain at least an "express" level workout while you consume calories and/or carbs eating and drinking on vacay! Plus, you'll burn off calories dancing and having great sex during your stay!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:04 pm

SCbarber wrote:Really, if you are going to do the same activities you do at home, why go on vacation? It really is so funny hearing some complain about the gym, or the beach, if that's all you want there are much cheaper places to go to.

That seems silly. Do you not have sex at home? If you do, should you not have sex while at Desire? I'm obviously being a little tongue and cheek here, so no offense meant. But vacations are for doing things you enjoy. If you enjoy working out, by all means, do it. If exercise is a chore and you hate it, then I agree, going while on vacay seems like a bad idea.

I enjoy getting the blood moving. I take time off if my body needs it, but otherwise, mentally and physically I feel great after a quick workout, even on vacation. That's why the jungle gym is intriguing, it would be a fun experience I think. I do agree that the resort gym is sufficient for using on vacation though.

To each they own.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:14 pm

Machineworks........totally agree, great way to start the day, the resort doesn't "wake up" till around noon anyway so what better way to start your day than a good work out to get the blood puming, bring my wife coffee and breakfast in bed, have some yummy sex all before heading down to the pool!!

That'll be us in a month and a half!!! Woohoo!!!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Illhavewhatshes » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:12 am

I am definitely interested in using the gym for the same reasons a few others individuals commented. By doing so - I will even have MORE energy for all of the other extracurricular activities!

Curious, for anyone who has visited RM before (we are first timers) - Do they have a spin bike in the gym? If not - any type of stationary bike? Thanks!!
Illhavewhatshes

We arrive on: 26 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby MachineWorks » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:35 pm

Illhavewhatshes wrote:I am definitely interested in using the gym for the same reasons a few others individuals commented. By doing so - I will even have MORE energy for all of the other extracurricular activities!

Curious, for anyone who has visited RM before (we are first timers) - Do they have a spin bike in the gym? If not - any type of stationary bike? Thanks!!

I do not remember seeing any spin bikes. I believe treadmills are the only cardio equipment.
I could be wrong, but that's my recollection.
MachineWorks
Desire Addict

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya