For the Photographic Record

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

For the Photographic Record

Postby theotherlee » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

My wife and I recently decided to book our first stay at Desire. We have never been anywhere like this before. We are both 30 years old, and decided on Desire over Temptation for several reasons, but one of the most important was the reviews on Temptation that say that you can expect to have your picture taken if you are a female going topless. The prospect of having a photographic record of her in any form of undress in the posession of strangers is extremely off putting to both of us. I know the resort's official policy, but that is the same as Temptations. What can we reasonably expect to encounter in terms of privacy and having pictures or video taken in the clothing optional areas?
theotherlee

Postby tropez » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 pm

We're in the same boat. Our first trip to Desire begins next week! The general consensus I have seen seems to be that your own personal pictures are cool but pictures of public areas where people can be naked are a no-no. I'm not sure how this is policed, but I'm sure they have a very low tolerance for people showing their lack of respect by trying to take pics that may include others without their knowledge.

I will find out soon enough!
tropez
Desire Fan

Postby nascentfun » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 pm

We're counting down to our first Desire visit as well (September). We have visited the AN areas at two of the Couples resorts and I'm expecting similar policies at Desire. Photography is expressly prohibited but in reality does occur as long as it is discreet and doesn't include others without their consent. In my opinion though it is a false assumption that you will never be photographed while at an AN resort. It just isn't that difficult to take pics or videos with today's small cameras. If someone is determined to do so, then they will. Of course if they are discovered they are subject to ejection from the resort and, possibly worse, the wrath of those being photographed without consent. With all that said, I think it's not a significant cause for concern, at least not for us. Don't worry, be happy!
nascentfun
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2017

Postby miranda » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:10 pm

We have always thought we couldn't bring a camera out of our room at all all week but there are plenty of folks taking photos in the evening at dinner time - when they are all dressed to impress - so next time we will definitely be bringing the camera to dinner.

We saw very few, if any, cameras out during the day but we have seen some. We have taken our camera out during the day and gone off the property - down the beach - to take photos of each other. But we have never hidden it from anyone, in fact, just the opposite. we kind of "flaunt it" so others' are aware we have it with us.

If you want to take pictures, just don't hide your camera and ask the folks around you if they mind if you take some photos. Most folks will either turn their backs, move or ask you to take it at a different angle.

If you do a google search for photos of Desire and photos of Temptations. See the difference? YIKES!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby oldseadog » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 am

If you take photos make sure everyone is aware that you are doing so in order that they can make sure they are out of shot if they want.
I saw a photo being taken at Hidden Beach without warning, and the camera, SLR., was at the bottom of the pool in about two seconds. On complaining to menagement, the complainant was told that they should't have taken the picture and if they didn't like it they didn't have to stay.
But it is difficult now with cameras in phones and even pens.
But the general ethos at Desire is nothing like that at Temptations.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby njdesirecpl » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:26 am

We have stayed at both Temptations and Desire and believe us Desire is nothing like Temptations. Desire attracts a much higher class of people who tend to police themselves.

It is common to see people going out of their way when they take photos to make sure others non-intended people are not included. You will see this mostly at the beach.

In the rare instance where a guest is not practicing good photo etiquette the guest police themselves and after a friendly visit from several concerned guests the problem seems to disappear.

We would not be overly concerned about this issue. Go enjoy yourselves and have a few mojitos for us!
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Postby nicenycpl » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:14 am

Just about 2 months 'til we go again.....

I think that once you settle in you will quickly realize that these concerns, while perhaps legitimate at some other resorts, (especialy those that are more of draw for the frat-party-crowd), will quickly disapear....folks at Desire just "get it".

Personally, I LOVE to shoot those "special" photos on the beach of my hunny (most of which never see the light of day! :lol: ) and sometimes will recruit a fellow guest to shoot some of us together ....ALWAYS assuring that there are no others in the picture....where else are you ever gonna get shots like that? And the "dressed for dinner or nightclub" shots are best stored away for those cold sleety winter nights.

Everything NJ said was spot on.....well, almost...While its true that the class and caliber of guests at Desire is truly special....it is nearly impossible to get a good Mojito, unless you ask one of the bartenders to bring fresh mint from home....or bring your own like we do!!! :)
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

Postby thebutcher95 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 pm

NO NO our last trip in september during the fashion show cameras came out and no one stoped it. I am glad my wife did do the fashion show. Because in her line of work it would finish her if it got out. Yes I am awear of the chances of this but we can not risk it. If there was a 100% guarantee no cameras i would encourage her to do so.
thebutcher95
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:51 pm

When our group was there, the second week of May, there where two loud and firm announcements on the PA that during the upcoming guest portion of the fashion show(contest) there was no photography allowed.

Everyone complied and the ladies where able to strut their stuff without worries
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby miranda » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 pm

And we were there last November 2009 and the staff told the men whose partners were in the fashion show that they COULD NOT take pictures of them during the fashion show. The guys argued but to no avail.

KUDOS to the resort!
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby freescuba » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 pm

At Temptations Cabo last year there were lots of camera's during the Fashion Show. They didn't say anything about it before hand and no one seemed to mind, but it was absolutely a different vibe in regards to camera usage compared to Desire.

We went to Hedo3 once and there was frequent camera us in the disco of anyone and anything. I'm sure we were captured a few times and no one ever asked our permission.

We have lots of photos from our Desire Cancun trips, but make sure to not have anyone else in the background. And we have many of friends and friends have pictures of us, but always with permission.

Like someone else noted it's a different class of people. Not to infer anything bad about the other resorts as we enjoyed them too, but we have different expectations at each resort and I'm sure you have seen this in the reviews of each resort when you researched your trip.
freescuba
Desire Convert

Postby tahoeroby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:37 pm

We have been to Desire Cabo 11 times and Desire Cancun once, I always bring my Camera but like everyone has said i would never think of taking pictures of anyone with out asking them first. All the times we have been there i dont think i have ever taken a picture of anyone nude other then my wife. The only Pictures i have of us with anyone else is when all agreed. We have never worried about being photographed with out being asked. However i have asked others to take pictures of Helen and I on the beach. You are correct Temptations is differnt, lots of photos even in the Disco and around the pool.
tahoeroby
Desire Fan

Postby Sharon and David » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:40 pm

We have been to Desire 3 times. The only time there was any issue was the first time when a guy walked in front of the beach beds with his phone camera on, taking pictures of people . About 5 guys saw what was going on and were after him. They sort of chased him up to his room and someone got security. Security went up to his room and came out with his phone which they showed to everyone who was now watching. We never saw him again and felt really sad for his woman. However the resort did the right thing?We feel very safe at Disire.
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby njdesirecpl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:21 am

nice:

a little bit off the main topic but when we were last there in March we were pleasantly surprised to find that the resort finally started stocking fresh mint leaves. Prior to that we were in the same boat as you.

Once you manage to get the leaves the staff does make a pretty good mojito.
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Postby nicenycpl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 am

NJ:

Thats GREAT NEWS!!!!

COKE>>>>> Why wasnt there an alert or at the very least a "sticky" about this absolutly vital information?!???!? :lol:

No more strange looks from the customs/immigration folks..."Its mint!!! I swear!"
:wink:

Sorry for going off topic....

Harumph! Folks who shoot photos of unsuspecting fellow gueats deserve whatever they get,,,,(I kinda like the SLR at the bottom of the pool story!)
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya