Weather Wondering…?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Weather Wondering…?

Postby vtskibunnies » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:55 pm

Hi everyone!

We are (excitedly) heading to the RM next week for a few days. However, this morning I checked the projected weather for the week, and it is saying thunderstorms everyday… :(

My wondering is, has anyone on the forum been to the resorts when it wasn’t perfect pool weather? What kind of activities happen instead of the activities around the pool? I know that the playmakers do this all of the time, I am just trying to get packed, and, until today, I was only packing bathing suits for the days. Fingers crossed that we get some pool and jacuzzi time!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Kim and Brendan
vtskibunnies

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 02 Nov 2022

Re: Weather Wondering…?

Postby gaviao » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:01 pm

Don't take literally the weather projects. Here in the Mexican Caribbean "thunderstorms every day" may mean some hours of semi clouded sky, some hours of good sun and a couple of showers during the day. Right now I'm in Playa del Carmen; I've arrived last Friday and days have been splendid, although Weather projects say: "clouded". Tuesday night there was a storm around Tulum, next day we had blue sky.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Re: Weather Wondering…?

Postby gaviao » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:57 pm

This morning, I was at Desire Pearl's beach. My plan was arrive around 10AM, but it was raining; so I went to Cancún to make a couple of things (I have a house in Playa del Carmen) and came back around 11:30. It was semi clouded; at 1 PM, the sun was shining splendorously and the sky was completely blue. Caribbean!
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya